Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracks on case 1825B

AdamsExcavating ยท 2016-11-17 08:19

Contemplating purchasing an 1825B with low hours for occasional commercial use (where big machine cannot fit in) and around the farm. Question is if it's possible to put a set of over the tire tracks on machine. It has a set of solid 8.15-15 tires on it now but could change/swap out for a different size of needed to run tracks. Thanks in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1franklinute2016-11-19 09:03

    Are you thinking about metal tracks? The smallest I know of fits a 10" wide tire. Some skid steers require a spacer between the wheel and hub for clearance. The track manuf. should have the specifics you need.

  2. #2KSSS2016-11-19 17:27

    Tracks take power to run, you wont have any excess power with that machine, not to mention by the time you mounted the 10X16.5 tires and tracks you would be a lot wider. You might be surprised by the improvement of just mounting the larger 10X16.5 tires you might not need tracks.

  3. #3DIYDAVE2016-11-19 20:23

    on something that small, power is the issue. I've seen the amish do it, with the right size old tractor tire, and a sawzall, just cut out most of the sidewall. Also seen metal brackets bolted to the tractor tire tread...

  4. #4franklinute2016-11-20 07:42

    I agree with the posts above you need more power. I have seen metal and rubber tracks for the dingo type machines. I don't know the tire size these machines use but if the tire is the same width you could make that type of track work on you Case.

  5. #5AdamsExcavating2016-11-20 13:41

    Like I said I'm contemplating the purchase. I have not bought machine yet. I just know for the work I'll be doing with it plus some manure/barn work (which isn't concrete or flat) will not be fun without tracks for better stability and more importantly traction