Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new holland ls190b problems

radengineer ยท 2006-09-09 19:10

I have had an ls190b for a little over a year. I have had to replace the wire harness for the safety seat switch and the seatbelt because the wire was broken in it. The first week I had it, it started leaking fuel through the injectors. Besides many other small problems with the loader, I am faced with two more serious issues. The motor will continue to run forever after the key is turned off, because of the safety switches there is no good way to "kill" the engine to make it stop. The best way I have found is to reduce the idle and drive forward while turning the key off, this will overload the engine and kill it. I have asked my "new holland professional mechanics" and they said there is a problem with the case engines and there is no way to fix it. The next big problem is that I blow the 15a fuse for the ignition and a 15a for ? in the engine compartment regularly. I just replaced the fuses (with the same size) and the circuit board melted through the overhead dash. I now am up to 330 hours on the machine and have vowed that I will never buy a New Holland again. When it does run it is the most powerful skid loader I've been on. Anyone else got one of these? Problems?

Replies10
  1. #1Squizzy246B2006-09-09 20:17

    Welcome to the forum. I wish I could say yours is an isolated lemon but its not. Around several months ago I was doing some work with paving and ashphalt contractors who had major drama's with an LS 170 & 190. They were getting rid of them ASAP.

  2. #2radd162006-09-10 13:59

    Nh Ls190.b radengineer, I work for a new holland dealership. Your dealership should know that there is an update kit out to correct the problem of your engine not stopping when the key is turned off. It should be covered under warranty. And yes as with any new model that comes out there are a few bugs in them. The wires on the seat switch have been breaking at the crimp point. But again, very simple problem to fix and covered under warranty. I haven't seen any problems like the one your talking about with the fuse blowing and the circuit boarding melting. That one is new to me, but i'm sure I could find that problem and fix it farely easy. Sounds like your dealership isn't very helpful to me. These new skidsteers do have a few bugs to work out but seem to be very nice machines. I'm sure that the current problems will and are being corrected for the new units coming out of the factory. :thumbsup

  3. #3radengineer2006-09-10 16:41

    warranty My standard warranty is one year. I've had this loader 1 year and 1 month. I don't know if the melted dash will be covered but I bet it isn't cheap. Once it is fixed (if it costs me) it is going to be traded (s300). I've had a Bobcat 753 for 6 years and have'nt had near the problems that i've had with this in one year (and it has been thoroughly abused). The wire harness was an easy fix and $25. The dealership is about an hour away up on 36 and I-35 North of Kansas City (I don't want to name any names because it is too "early") so it is a real pain to haul it there and waste a day of work. Plus they charge $3 per mile to come and get it (that was when it was under warranty- "warranty doesn't cover fixing it in the field, only in their shop). I am pleased with the machine when it runs, hate it when it's broke. The only other complaint of the machine is that it seems like it will burn a tank of fuel in two hours - not cheap.

  4. #4Wulf2006-09-10 18:20

    That's a great post radd16... I couldn't imagine CNH building a machine that couldn't be fixed and that a reputable dealer couldn't get help with technical issues with service news or other means from their manufacturer. radengineer - just a thought/idea... are there any additional lights or circuits added by you or the supplier that may be creating an overload within the circuit?

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2006-09-10 20:21

    radd -- welcome to the site! Have you heard anything of new skid-steers from NH? I know pilots are out, but are there plans to rehaul the machine? (Or make them grey and black Cases?)

  6. #6radengineer2006-09-10 20:53

    shortout My guess is that since it is (was) the ignition fuse blowing there is a ground problem in the starter or somewhere. I will find out when my dealer gets this thing back tomorrow. I can fix anything but a wiring problem. As for adding anything to the loader, the only thing I add is fuel.

  7. #7radd162006-09-11 20:02

    The new machines are out now. They have changed a lot of things on them like new pumps and drives, new emissions engine, stronger loader frame. Pilot controls are not out yet only backhoes, but it is coming. I like the new skidsteers the only thing is I wish new holland would have reduced the cab noise. Pilot control should be really nice too. We also sell takeuchi skidloaders with pilot controls. Excellant machine to run. radengineer That's to bad about your machine. I hate to hear you want to trade it in. I also understand if your having so much trouble with it and your dealer doesn't seem to be helping you much. New Holland usually is pretty good about standing behind their product even when a unit is out of warranty if it truly is a factory defect.

  8. #8jroberts9292011-10-13 15:35

    hey radd i have a ls190b i put the update kit on and it still runs on??? what do i do? i have a power wire ran to the pump from the positive side of the battery i have to connect it to run and disconnect to get it to shut down even after the key if off??? please help me??

  9. #9otisd852012-01-15 14:38

    update? any solutions to these problems?

  10. #10jroberts9292012-01-16 15:49

    runs on i ran a wire to the battery also to the solenoid to a switch and just cut the switch on to start loader the shut it off to kill th engine!!! couldn't figure it out that's what i ended up doing! seems to be just fine though! any ideas your way??