1997 New Holland LX665 Turbo 1. Apparently the electrical systems on these machines are notorious for having problems. Currently when I turn the key on I get "Error 04" which I think is a glow plug issue. The error can be cleared out and the machine will start and operate. I have noticed that I no longer get the countdown and the machine seems to start slower in colder weather. It will start normal if I use the manual glow plug button. If I switch the service/run switch the error changes to "error 02" in service mode. I have checked all the fuses and replaced the glow plug relay with no results. 2. My tilt down function is very slow. When I push the pedal to tilt the bucket down I can hear the engine bog down a bit and the auxiliary handle tries to move. Sometimes it just won't go down at all and the engine is bogging. Im guessing its some kind of valve issue.
Check codes in here? https://www.scribd.com/doc/311268389/New-Holland-L565-Lx565-Lx665-Repair-Manual
I found the error codes in my manual as: "Error 04" output circuit to engine preheat relay has shorted/opened "Error 02" output circuit to fuel solenoid has shorted/opened Just can't figure out why it show one in run mode and the other in service mode. Either way it will start and run with the error cleared but they return once you turn the key off. I checked power at each glow plug with manual button pushed and it was good but they are not getting power with just turning the key on.
Appears that the tilt down issue was caused by a sticky valve/pedal. I noticed that when trying to lift the bucket and tilt at the same time the pedals would lock as if they were working against each other. With lots of lube and use I was able to free everything up. Appears to be working fine now but the error code is still hanging around.
Check the start interlock relay.
So, I replaced the relay for the glow plugs. The error continued with no countdown at start up. I used the machine for 2 days straight and the error simply quit popping up after the second day of use and has not returned. I now get the glow plug count down when the key is turned on. On one hand I am happy that the issue is resolved but on the other hand I don't feel that the issue is really resolved. I hate electrical problems!
Erroe code returned. Now I have to clear the code at every start and manually control glow plugs with push button. A little extra time but whatever....
I have no countdown for the glow plugs. Did you resolve your issue? If so, can you advise of the Fix? Thank you