... at least that's what I'd be saying if I had remembered to charge my camera before work today:Banghead Course I did get to try out the new cell phone camera:cool2 This week, I'm on one of our other big shopping center jobs, running a Komatsu PC228, and for what could be a big part of this week, I'll be backfilling over this underground basin. (see picture #1) There MIGHT be a little rock on the job (picture #2)
Day two of backfilling. Yesterday I had the D6 feeding me dirt when he wasn't babysitting the trucks. Overall I was keeping up pretty well with him considering I have a felco tamperbucket, maybe a little too well, cause today our D9 came over.:notworthy :Banghead Pic #1: the office Pic #2: the D9r Pic #3: I think I'm in trouble Pic #4 and 5: New Cat 328d
couple more There is ALOT of rock on this job. We have a 345 that does nothing but hammer, I don't think it moved at all from the spot it was hammering at today. Can't blast in some spots due to existing (terra-cotta) sanitary lines. pic#1 345 w/ hammer pic#2 Sub-contracted crushing crew, I think they are making 3 or 4 sizes pic#3 345b LME* with new decals and paint job pic#4 second shift on rock duty Pic#5 John Deere 8400 with a big ol' disc... in addition to lots of rock, the job has lots of wet sticky clay. *PS: this 345 ME is the same machine that was sent with us to the big Richmond, VA job this past winter.
Awesome pics Jim! Keep em commin.
were taking over this fourm with picts a jimi? got some new hatfield picts comming tonight after the boys football practice:usa
Maybe a little lol, guess I'll only put three up tonight:cool2:usa:drinkup
some pete's Here are some of our Pete's from work. First couple are of our Materials division's tri-axles with rock bodies and hydraulic tailgates. The trucks with Aluminum bodies are a little more "tricked out" as hoeman put it the other day, but I haven't seen any of them in a few weeks Then one of our roll-offs, both were there today, but I only saw the second one from a way off and I was a little busy trying to keep "Push Dirt" from burying me:notworthy:notworthy And last is Fuel time at Exeter:usa
Just trying to keep up with hoeman and a few more
Cool...never seen a hydraulic tailgate dump before.
great pics, that is one big company, very impressive!
hey Jimi whos on that ME? I want new paint on mine. I gave in and started cleaning mine than a hydro line broke. now I have to start over. I was almost to the point where I was gonna wax her:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead
Pip is running it, I believe it's his machine now, not sure who's running it on second shift. It needed the new paint job badly. Maybe if you're lucky they'll just trade yours in for a new 345D... lol :cool2 Which line blew? A year and a half ago the pressure relief(?) hose off the pump blew, that was a mess:Banghead Here's a quick video of it loading out a topsoil pile today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fv6nEL0sgk Gonna try to add a couple more pics ONE more time tonight...:bash:bash pic#1: so close, yet so far :Banghead pic#2-4: 345bLME:usa pic#5: There is ALOT of rock on this job... in this photo alone, there are 7 drills (I think there are 8 or 9 total)
how many jobs does AM/AI have going rite now?
Man, that is a good load on that one ADT.
quoting jimi : ip is running it, I believe it's his machine now, not sure who's running it on second shift. It needed the new paint job badly. Maybe if you're lucky they'll just trade yours in for a new 345D... lol hes kinda sloppy! I hate when guys just load and spill dirt all around the truck. that just shows a lack of pride and concern for equipment and yer work area. I was always tought to make every pass look like its yer last. sorry Jimi. just a pet peeve of mine.:Banghead
Don't need to apologize to me, I'm not the one running it, lol:drinkup I'll admit I hadn't watched him that closely yesterday, but there is a bit of pre-emptied dumping before he gets to the truck, however, he's cleaner than the last guy that was on that machine... :cool2 I want to pick your brain a little bit though, always trying to learn, ya know. When you mention spillage off the truck, do you mean in general trying to keep every bucket load going into the truck, or the overflow that's common when the last bucket gets put on the truck and "doesn't all fit"? I hope that makes, I know what I'm trying to say, but I can't get it out of my brain and onto the screen.:Banghead
he looks smooth enough iguess what i meen is when you spill that material it need picked up twice. even that lil bit of work adds up to lost production . sorry jim if I seem cocky. its just a pet peve of mine. some guys like grading some pipe etc. loading trucks is just somthing i love to do . and always try to get better at . even Rich Bobb spills. just bugs me. I know wa wa wa wa. ill shutup now
No, I understand what you mean, and didn't really take it as being cocky. Eventually, I'd like to load trucks too, and I'm just trying to learn all that I can now, so I know what little things to work on or look for when that day comes. As far as spillage, I concur, one does want to get as much dirt as possible in the truck, the first time, but when that last bucket goes on, there isn't always enough room on the truck for it, so some will fall off either right there or en route to the fill, but that seems inevidable. Right?:beatsme You say its a pet peev, and we all have them, but I'll have to see if I got video of the guy that ran it when we were in VA, he was bailing dirt "at" the truck, always known for leaving 3 foot windrows next to the truck, cause "that's what the dozer is there for". No one ever seemed to tell him otherwise, cause in spite of putting half the load on the other side of the truck he was fast ointhead That bugged me.
That Job looks familiar....where is it
Just east of Reading, where 422 and BUS-422 split.
Awesome pics! The 345 sure has a nice sized bucket on it, the 328 is a very sharp machine. Looks like a nice project. Keep them coming!
ya I hauled a load of rail road scrap from a job down there to a railroad supply yard and saw that site. I while be danged if I can remember the name of the place. Something track materials
Rained today, so we got washed out at 9, but I have a couple pics from Friday. #1. Spreadin Lime #2. preview of my day tomorrow and possibly Wed. Pulling stone away from the belts of the crushing guys. Rumor is I might even be loading 2RC out tomorrow if we work too:notworthy:drinkup #3. Last week the sub's (crushing guys) brought in a 312 with a hammer, which has not moved since, but they had a nice KW lowboy
Just a quick question, Have either yourself or hoeman spent any time in the 328 lcr? We are looking into one. Just wondering what her stability is like in comparison to a full counterweight machine. So on, so forth. Any information would be help full.
I personally have not had the opportunity to run a 328d yet, but I did run a 321c for a couple months back in the winter. Honestly, compared to a Komatsu 228 I think the cat is a lot smoother and more stable for a Close radius machine. I know the 321 is a lot smaller than the 328, but just looking at it, I have to say it looks very stable, hope my apple explanation helps with your orange issue:beatsme:Banghead More pics from work... #1: Guest appearance from Amquip #2: Did I mention the rock on this job? #3: 9 pushin up to the crusher #4: pulling more stone away from the belts... #5: Figures, ya get a nice level bench cut into a pile and someone comes along and takes it out :usa
Great photos, thanks for sharing Jim. I'll go out on a limb and ask the question. Whats the lime for? Hoe, I know what you are saying bout spilling. When I'm striping quarries I get a bucket full and dump in, usually if I'm being smooth I loose VERY little, and I'm going to take the dozer to scrape it up anyways at the end, and I really HATE when guys will LOAD and LOAD a LOADED truck. Guy did this last year when we were hauling sand at our pit. We were each loading our own trucks and he was spilling out all over the place. Then he was complaining to me cause the road was so rough and I needed to spend time on the dozer to re-grade it. I didn't tell him when I was loading trucks myself that i went almost a week without touching the haul road. HMM, If i take a two yard bucket and can only fit one yard on the truck where does the other yard go?? :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead
Jim do you have any better pictures of the crushing outfit?
The lime is mixed into the clay to dry it up. Great pictures Jim, looks like somebody might have dropped his wallet in one of those shots, 2 dozers, 2 exc and 2 looks like shovels or tool carriers very busy looking for something very important in that hole I'm with you on the spillage Hoeman, very fast isnt so fast when a large part of it is on the deck, less haste more speed is the exspession that springs to mind, and if there isnt another truck waiting to be loaded then a bit more precision and care will be more productive at the end of the day :drinkup
That's exactly what we are using the lime for. The clay is very wet on this job cause it sits on some really hard rock so the water has nowhere to drain. So its taking a long time to get the fills brought up and more pipe in the ground. The one 345, D6 and D9 were attempting to move a very big rock, but in the end they have to bring down the 345 hammer and peck it apart. The other 345 (in the "foreground") is placing 96" CMP (? metal pipe) and the two 963's were feeding him 2B stone and pipes. Usually there is only one track loader, but like I said before, the pipe crews are kinda playing a waiting game for the fills to get brought up enough to finish and or continue the utility work, so the second pipe crew was backfilling. trainwreck, Got some more pics of the crusher for you I'll get them up tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks Jim, great pictures as I said and that little extra info makes it all so much more intresting :thumbsup
Nice pics Jim, Thanks for sharing!:drinkup Are the stone on site of a soft type? Like the soil?(marble type?) Or is the ground mixed with a harder rocktype?(Granite?) I'm just curious, cause here its quality demands for the gravel when using it around piping. You cant just crush anything on site and fill it around the pipes. I see your sub is using Terex Pegson plants. I bet there is some impactor main crushers and a SR1000 involved. + some powerscreen stockpilers... Can u please take some pics of the drilling rigs too:notworthy
The rock on this job ranges from limestone conglomerate resembling old concrete, actual concrete, to really hard limestone. I think we have specs too that have to be past for around pipe, and definitely as a subbase (different depending on whether its a state or private road). As far as I know they've already done the testing on it cause i think the 2A modified is gonna be used to subgrade the parking lots at least, but we haven't sent any out to the road widening so I don't think it may have met PennDOT spec's:beatsme MKTEF, I'll work on those drill pictures this week:beerchug Anyway, picture time! #1:Terex Pergeson Jaw crusher, being fed by a Cat 330L #2:Titan 1800 Powerscreen making 2RC, "3's" and feeding... #3: Terex Pergeson Impact crusher/screen making 2A modified and "2b-ish" stone #4 Sckylkill Products I believe, saw about 4 of these heading east on 422 this week #5: just another day at the office:usa:drinkup
last set for the week #1: Cat 330 slab crabbin concrete #2: Cat328d tracking by #3: Another wet day in the cut #4: A nice looking red lowboy with a concrete pulverizer(?) on it #5: Cactus in PA ?!:beatsme now that's different
those are nice pictures i really like that 328
drills As requested... some drills.:usa Oh and did I mention there was some rock on this job?:beatsme:Banghead
meanwhile back at the ranch A few from last week, before another full week at work :usa
nice looking machines, bro.
Last couple now. Latest word has it I'm suppose to be going to our quarry in Elk Mills, MD next week to run a truck:Banghead:Banghead Hopefully it won't be as long as the last time.
You must have been upsetting somebody to get punishment like that Jim ops :stirthepot
HaHA yeah maybe.:angel No the reason is pretty much two fold, first is they just lost a couple guys and need some temp. help till they get back to full strength. and the other is we have almost no work at the moment, so I guess they don't have anywhere else to send me.:beatsme I coulda said no, but then I might have been sitting in the unemployment line:thumbdown And since I like getting paid, it was in my best interest to say yes
Thanks for sharing Jim, pics are great!:drinkup I see the Rangers is 4-1 against the Roc D-7... Hope you'll have a nice time in the truck, and post some pics....:stirthepot..
jim did you run that 328??
yeah for about one or two days short of a full week. They took the 228 and were putting U-drain in out on 422, etc... I guess the 1 foot buckets don't fit on the 328. I'm not complaining, it was a nice machine, ran real smooth and was pretty stable. I got to use it to load one the one 2b pile, as well as play babysitting to the crusher belts ointhead Tomorrow's the first day in the quarry... from what I hear I'll be running a new 775F:notworthy PS:Welcome to the HEF, Pip!:drinkup
:woohoo that dont sound too much like punishment to me, just dont scratch it
Here you go jim one pad done 4 more to go
Lookin good Pip... What ever happened to that Komatsu 308, it showed up the day before I left... I thought that they might use it for the stone piles.
the pipe crew is using it, that 328 got ship to VA last week some time.
Jim Bruce: Is the company that you work for stay around PA or do they venture all over the east? I was just wondering because sure seems like you all have the tools to get a job completed quickly. I love all the yellow coated frames and paint schemes looks good!
Bleeding black and yellow :Banghead that poor 328, it was in such good shape too:usa The company I work for (Allen Myers) is the PA/DE division of our parent company (American Infrastructure), which covers PA, DE, MD, and VA... here's a link: http://www.americaninfrastructure.com They do a pretty good job with painting our equipment up nice, all our Pete's have a yellow frame, though some look cleaner than others:notworthy When equipment sticks around long enough we'll send them to the shop for a full service and then a fresh coat of paint. I'm told that years ago we used to repaint all the equipment as soon as it was bought, but the Myers yellow kind of made the resale value of the Cat equipment less than if it was just painted back to the Cat yellow:beatsme. #1. Volvo A30c fresh out of the paint shop #2. A D8N(?) from about 4 years ago with what I believe is the Myers yellow and black
Sweet thanks for the info. I didn't even notice in your other pics that the equipment wasn't cat yellow. Their website is very impressive and a lot larger of a company than I thought!
yep jim thats the old myers yellow
this bucket has seen better days.
Yeah, I was pretty sure it was, but they were phasing out the "repainted yellow" when I started so I wasn't positive. Boy, yer hard on things :notworthy Take it Exeter hasn't gotten any less rocky
they wanted to replace the floor 2 months ago, but they could not find a 72in bucket to swap with untill now.
Hey WColtharp, It took a little digging, but here is a link to a job I was on this past winter in VA. Give you an idea of the resources we have at our disposal.:usa
Yeah that's a huge operation! I bet its hectic running a job like that.
wow thats a bucket in need of some new teeth!
hey jim b we got the sec. pad done today 2 more to go ( big ones that is ) will have pic later of the pad we got done!!
Looking forward to them big cat... :usa You threw me off a bit with the "Jim b" lol :beatsme
here you go popcorn!!
Nice pics dude. How much cut is actually left in that far corner of the last pic?
45 to 55ft cut
A cut they just could not blast:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead because of water line and gas line was to close.
here are some more.
awesome dude... looks a lot different than it did when I was last there. How are you gonna get that berm dug out when it comes time to? Looks a little narrow to actually sit on. MORE PLEASE!! :drinkup:usa
one bucket at a time.:drinkup we need dirt to cover up the rock face. so I guess the dozer will push it out.:beatsme
LOL... ok ya got me there... ointhead Does this mean the whole wall plan was changed?:beatsme
all the wall does is change:Banghead:Banghead just when you get going on it they change something, or the model for GPS need to be changed:bash we had to stop today on it cause the engineer want a swale in it.The slope is a 1/half to 1 with a big "S" shape in the middle of it.
more for you
Dont you hate when they have those stupid curves in your slopes? At least you have GPS to do yours. My first pond I dig I was like oh ok, pond. Oval shaped. Easy! First set of high waterline stakes were in a nice big round shape so it all made sense. Then I start following the permanent water level stakes around on my second cut and all of a sudden I'm going in and out and come to two narrow points and I'm going whaaaaaat? It's a stupid dolphin shaped pond with slopes that vary the whole way around! Or the good old "yeah just daylight that slope out to existing ground". Then 2 days later, oh yeah just hop back up on that finished slope and cut it out to a 5:1 (we load trucks with all our hoes and the company gets paid by the load so you gotta try and do it fast). THEN when you manage to do that without killing yourself or losing money, they decide to change it to a 3:1 *sadface*. Looks like fun though Pip, always challenging trying to play with those big rocks. I bet your truck drivers are starting to hate you trying to cram those things in their boxes all day =D
here is the slope. now we start the nail wall. this job is a slop hole with all of the rain we have been gettin.
Guess they finally decided on a design for the wall then. Is that the target building in the last photo? Looks like progress is being made anyway, if not a little slow. Did you get any snow up that way today?
wow...a lot has changed since i visited that job a month ago i remember the super out there saying they are doing some kind of wall like you see in Disney world, thats pretty neat filled out all my paper work 2 days ago...see you in a few months..haha
the start of the shotcrete and soil nail wall
some more