Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Komatsu Grader

michael james ยท 2010-08-13 09:28

Here are some pictures of the new komatsu dash 5 graders.

Replies15
  1. #1michael james2010-08-13 09:33

    more pics

  2. #2michael james2010-08-13 09:35

    more

  3. #3michael james2010-08-13 09:43

    more

  4. #4michael james2010-08-13 09:51

    more

  5. #5mitch5042010-08-13 11:07

    I'll trade you a 1962 Austin-Western AND a 1964 Galion for it. Nice machine!

  6. #6PC12010-08-13 15:53

    The World of Design Summit Thank you very much

  7. #7schuiver2010-08-13 16:14

    Here's one in action. YouTube - Komatsu GD675 !

  8. #8michael james2010-08-13 19:13

    Mitch, you wish. These pictures are actually taken from video footage I have and was able to pause it and use a snapshot application to get the stills, thats why the quality isn't very good. Hoping to get a new grader before to long.

  9. #9John C.2010-08-13 20:23

    I'm looking at that blade rotation box and I'm instantly wondering if they have put in a slip clutch yet? I had to keep on running in a past life and they used a shear pin on the pinion gear. Needless to say that worked about as well as a blind man with contact lenses. I'm also wondering if they ever started putting oil in the front wheel bearings are are they still using wheel bearing grease? It's a great looking machine. However looks don't make any money on machines.

  10. #10michael james2010-08-14 01:15

    I am running a 2002 model komatsu gd 530 (a rebadged Dresser I think), and it has a slip clutch, not sure what the wheel bearing setup is, but a seal was replaced at about 8000 hrs.

  11. #11Tigerotor77W2010-08-14 11:09

    Wow, to me that looks incredibly like a Cat...

  12. #12DPete2010-08-19 13:00

    Hate to show my ignorance but what's the 4th pedal ? Nice looking blade by the way

  13. #13Clyde2010-08-19 13:10

    Just guessing its probably the latch to the steering column.:beatsme

  14. #14DPete2010-08-19 13:58

    Yeah, I bet you're right

  15. #15cummins052010-08-19 14:29

    No NO NO the 4th peddle is for the power from the flux capaciter