Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New member from Vancouver Island B.C.

Huband1 ยท 2014-09-09 01:55

Hello all, new to the forum and very new to heavy equipment. I have bought 2-1/2 acres of treed land that needs clearing, house/shop needs building, landscaping, ditching needs doing. I am looking to buy an excavator to see me through this project, and this certainly seems like a place where a lot of good information gets shared. Alan

Replies4
  1. #1Huntoon2014-09-09 12:47

    Sounds like a cool project. Welcome to the forum. Can you post some pics of the property and your progress?

  2. #2Huband12014-09-09 15:15

    Not much to show at this point, just some trees that need clearing! I want to wait till I get a machine before I get a faller to knock anything over. Any one know of a good machine for sale on VI? Alan

  3. #3wornout wrench2014-09-09 17:17

    Depends on what you are looking for Here are a few places http://www.viequipmentltd.com/ http://www.forestech.ca/index.php/inventory Joe at Saratoga Ventures might know of a few http://saratogaventures.com/ There is always the trading posts, heavy equipment magazines and places like used naniamo Welcome to the Island. Brian The Wornout Wrench

  4. #4Huband12014-09-10 01:04

    Thanks for the links Brian, I will have to keep checking to see if something interesting turns up. Alan