Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New member introduction

timberyak ยท 2013-09-22 20:54

Hello everyone. I'm the new kid on the block. I'm a logger in NH and I drive a Rottne SMV harvester. Iv'e been doing that for the past 3 years and for the 16 years before that I drove a Rottne Rapid and Blondin forwarders. And before that a very large mule. I loved my mule he taught me a lot. Been cutting and hauling trees for over 40 years. Still manage to get up most days and do it some more. I have developed an interest in worker safety and lubrication. In the lube dept. my interest is in oil cleanliness and contamination control procedures. Just getting my feet wet in oil sampling. I've been fortunate to have visited Sweden several times for the large forestry trade show Elmia Wood. It certainly was an eye opener and humbling experience to see such quality equipment and different solutions to common problems. I also like to travel the world by way of You Tube, it's amazing what you can learn from the comfort of the LazyBoy. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you. Timberyak

Replies2
  1. #1bushcat2013-09-22 21:04

    welcome aboard timberyak

  2. #2glenlunberg2013-09-22 21:48

    Do you have any picture of Rottne SMV harvester? I would like to see it cause I'm not familiar on that. Anyway, welcome to HEF!