Just purchased a New Holland 575E off that auction site. Seller says it's a 2000 with 4000 hours. Machine photo looks decent and the seller seems like an honest sort. Awaiting delivery and keeping my fingers crossed. Can't find a lot of info on the 575E. If anyone has the specs or more information to share it would be greatly appreciated. Seller said he might have a manual for it he will throw in so I'm waiting to see about that before ordering any manuals. This is the only photo I have.
Welcome to the forum and conrats on the purchase. I have a 655e and overall like it a lot, some of the controls take a bit to get used to from other TLB, but its nothing big. If you don't get the items promised PM me and I see what I can do. The x7x denotes turbo'd unit @ 4k should still be good if it wasn't beat on. While some don't like the Ford changing out to New Holland (it was sold many years prior) the fact is the parts for your year are easy enough to come buy. I in the near future could use a Alternator (~$65) and Water pump (~$40) don't even ask what they would be for a Deere or Cat. Its not bashing, but at the end of the week some of the paycheck left would be nice... Well again welcome and attached are some specs...
Thanks for the spec sheet X-ray! I'm chomping at the bits to get my hands on this machine. Unfortunately it will be mid January before I have it. Being shipped from Arkansas to FL. Seller called me last night and gave me some history on it and it sounds like a good used machine. The only problem he says it has a bad AC compressor but is otherwise supposed to be a tight leak free backhoe.
I live in the seller's area though I haven't met him and knew it. Seen the machine on ebay. If it's the one I remember a friend of mine bought it used out of TX. Had it shipped here to build his house. Sold it to your seller I assume from Craigslist. I was only around it once or twice but it seemed solid.
That fits with what the seller told me. He said the previous owner bought it to work his property and dig the footers and septic system for a new house. He said he bought it around July and had used it some on his property. He says he mainly buys trade ins from local dealers to sell on ebay. I'm glad he had a little history on it rather than it being a tractor he just turned around for resale.
It's a small small world.....
I wonder about a couple of things on this one. It has a primed cab roof and fenders. I see that on a lot of these so maybe the cabs were dealer or owner added and not finished but that wouldn't jive with it having AC. It also has no teeth on the digging bucket which I don't think I've seen on any other machine.
I THINK you'll find the roof and fenders are faded plastic. The smooth edge is for cleanup work. It won't dig in hard ground near as well, but it'll leave a smooth surface. It's commonly used for cleaning out ditches where you don't want to dig, but just scrape out the soft muck, or for grading surfaces you can't drive on. From that one pic, it looks like a piece of cutting edge welded to the teeth, which is common. If so, just torch it off if you don't like it. Good luck, Mitch
Hey got your PM. I should be able to get you something out soon. I was thinking exactly what mitch stated that, the bucket if you wanted to dig is not setup for it. However adding teeth is fairly easy to do. Don't sweat the Cab, I am over 90% confident that the plastics from this era were changed in composition and IMO are near defective, they do not hold their color and tend to crack easier. In my regular job we have seen this happen of materials, Euro sourced from certain select years. Anyway you could if you really wanted spray them, my are currently a light pink. Kind of funny a backhoe with pink faded fenders, and top. The AC could be a bit of a beast to tackle, finding leaks if its not the compressor can amount to real dollars quick. Even the compressor finding a comparable one, due to it being an option could be rough. Mine is not hooked up, but then again we only use AC up here but once or 2x a year.
Unless it's all buried deep I should be able to repair the AC. I was an auto tech for 25+ years before turning machinist. I looked the compressor up online and it looks like there are two possibilities so I will have to wait and see which mounts it has. I may even have one in my shed that'll fit. And thanks a ton for the help!!!