Hello- I am looking for a Cab Mini Excavator to use at my farm. I will be using it for cleaning out creeks and ditches but also would like to get a brush cutter to keep the roads free of tree limbs. I live in East Texas where there are dense woods. I am looking at the Kubota KX057, Deere 60P, Cat 306, and the Case CX57 or CX60. They all seem to be price around the same and also the weight is fairly close for all the machines. Is there one brand that stands out more than the rest? Or will any of the machines listed above be a good investment? Thanks in Advance, CAH2873
I would also look at a Takeuchi TB260 or TB290. They can be found used.
I bought a Kubota U55-4 (zero tail swing version of the KX057) about 4 years ago with 900 hours. I've put 1700 hrs on it cutting roads in mountainous terrain, clearing land, and cutting a pad for a house. Other than replacing the rubber tracks (these were already in tough shape at 900 hours due to concrete demo work I was told) the unit has been bulletproof. My only complaint as a 6'2" male is that the tracking peddle position is a bit awkward. I haven't owned other excavators. The four cylinder diesel is smooth, controls responsive, and I also run a 450lb brush cutting on the stick. I do have a 3' bucket I seldom use because unless on flat ground the machine can get tippy. That might not be an issue with the KX057 given the counterbalance tail. I have a great dealer network close by. I also have a friend that owns a Takeuchi TB260 (very similar in weight and power to my Kubota) and loves it. Make sure, whatever you buy, that there is a solid dealer near you. Best in your search.
Had a Hyundai rc60 nice machine very capable machine and I ran a VMC brush cutter on it. Handled it well but no where near the way the 85 does. . Sold it got a Kato 85 it’s a beast. Very solid machine. Friend has a KX80-4 I believe. Its More refined than my Kato and vey fast and smooth. Super nice machine but it was 125k lol. The 57 is probably just as nice only smaller. I hear lots of good about the Takeuchi but never ran one. Good luck they’re amazing machines and can do so much!
I'm partial to Takeuchi because i've owned 2 of their minis going over 10 years but comparing to a Cat 305.5 to the 153 which is also a 5.5 ton machine the digging power is similar, but it doesn't lift near as much (machine is pretty beat up so maybe getting tired). The the side to side boom is just too useful not to have and makes so many things faster, I would never own a mini without one.