Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New O.S.H.A. regulations ??

Tiny ยท 2010-11-12 17:45

Any one up to date on the new regs that kicked in on the 7th ?? Rolled in on a job at Fort Riley Kansas and was asked for these cards....Top one is the osha 10 hrs card.

Replies4
  1. #1Speedpup2010-11-12 19:10

    you can take the 10 hour courses online. Need 10 course in NY on projects over 250,000 for public work.

  2. #2heavylift2010-11-13 02:26

    kinda of wish I'd photo copied every scrap of paper ever received.. certify this .. certify that.. granted it didn't cost me a cent.... but now companies won't pay for a cdl.... which I didn't pay for the first or 2 renews.. But ever since it's been my dime... well 50 buck ish dime I was up at Fort Riley awhile back... The guy said I would need to get an HEO card in the future...

  3. #3Hokiesmokes2010-12-20 19:57

    I've had to get all my stuff pretty much on my own, even DOT physicals, which the company is supposed to pay for, but when they don't send you and it's expired, oh well. Have to renew the rough terrain card soon. Just had my MSHA training (you know they have a different fall protection standard?) and I was fairly bummed they decided not to play "Shake Hands With Danger" after they talked at length about blocking against motion, which I don't even deal with in my position.

  4. #4dayexco2010-12-22 20:16

    watching the last couple of posts....typically, don't you bring your own tools to a job? isn't a CDL or OSHA training a tool? why would you expect an employer to give you those tools, only maybe a week or 2 later leave...and take those tools elsewhere? to me, a potential employee that had a clean CDL, and all the current OSHA training...would bring considerably more money than hiring someone from the street without.