Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New packaging- I love it!

Labparamour · 2024-07-18 18:41

Changed gear oil in diff and found it now is in soft bottle. Wondered what that was all about but now wish they’d done this years ago!! (Or that I’d thought of it!) Saved the container and used it to put oil in transfer case. Gone are the days of squeezing half a bottle in them having to refill ‘cause you can’t tip bottle up around suspension/frame. Saving container for future needs!

Replies9
  1. #1DDoug2024-07-18 19:34

    Do they sell a giant key for winding it up just like for toothpaste ?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2024-07-18 19:39

    No idea but have you seen one for a rtv tube

  3. #3Bumpsteer2024-07-18 22:56

    Search amazon or ebay for "tube wringer". Ed

  4. #4Coaldust2024-07-18 23:38

    Must be a Canadian invention. Bagged milk and now bagged petroleum products

  5. #5Labparamour2024-07-18 23:48

    Speaking of rtv sealant- why can’t they make baby packets the size of the disc brake pad quiet or ketchup packets.

  6. #6DDoug2024-07-19 12:28

    Same thing just 40 years newer.

  7. #7cfherrman2024-07-19 14:18

    I used water bottles, I recorded a video I'll post it sometime

  8. #8JTWAT2024-10-20 21:38

    AMSOIL developed that container several years ago and it's been copied by Valvoline.

  9. #9Oxbow2024-11-18 19:22

    I have to admit it works well for differentials and hubs that don't require a bunch of gear lube.