Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to CTL… looking for t180 info

673moto · 2019-12-23 23:38

looking for the correct service manual for a bobcat t180. Year is 2004. There’s a few different books online and not sure which is right. Also any things I should check with 1800hrs? Figured on all new filters and fluids. .. but is there anything else I could be doing to start off? I have a mini excavator but this is my first CTL. Hoping to make it last a while with the right maintenance!

Replies14
  1. #1CMC762019-12-24 17:37

    I don't own that unit. But drive fluid absolutely

  2. #2673moto2019-12-26 11:18

    Planned on drive fluid... not looking forward to ditching the tracks and sprockets just to do it tho! Thanks bobcat

  3. #3skata2019-12-26 18:56

    You have to take tracks off to change final drive oil?

  4. #4Mark132019-12-26 19:34

    I think you have to pull off the tracks, drive sprockets, and some little metal shield/guard to get to the tiny amount of oil in each final drive. I think they hold something like 1/3 of a quart.

  5. #5673moto2019-12-26 19:56

    2ounces!

  6. #6Mark132019-12-26 21:25

    Ridiculous! My Takeuchi holds 1.05 quart or so. 3 Plugs on the outside of the final drive, drain, fill,and oil level. They couldn't have made it easier and I don't think Bobcat could have made it any harder on the old machines.

  7. #7CMC762019-12-27 21:49

    My new holland also serviceable from the outside ports. I would double check that info. Seems like way to much work for a routine service item

  8. #8Mark132019-12-27 23:00

    It seems ridiculous but I'm pretty sure there's no way to access the oil except through all that work.

  9. #9673moto2019-12-28 12:17

    Yep, found a YouTube video where they guy left the tracks on ... will definitely give that a shot first.

  10. #10CMC762019-12-29 09:33

    On the outside of the drive. There will be at least one port the screws in. Position it at 6 o clock. Remove slowly there will be some pressure. Allow to drain. Slowly creep the machine forward until port is at 12 o clock ( a helper is useful ) Then fill to spec. Should be that simple. Some machines have multiple ports which makes it easier. But the pictures I found of yours used just one.

  11. #11tool_king2020-01-05 20:21

    What is your serial number ? I can email you the manuals.

  12. #12KSSS2020-01-05 20:51

    I had no idea it took that much work to dump the drive fluid on a BC. That is a horrible design. I sure that contributes to some failed drives, due to lack of maintenance.

  13. #13673moto2020-01-05 21:10

    527513617 Thanks!! [email protected]

  14. #14tool_king2020-01-05 22:58

    Manuals on the way operations and service