Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new to forum, some pics

Bluedrc ยท 2010-09-22 23:26

Hello all, been reading on here for a bit decided to post. Picture #1 My first expereince on a dozer the ole 450B was 14 yrs. old. Picture #2 This was in 1996 D6H and a 750C lurking in the background ( getting to run that new H was very exciting for me):woohoo Picture #3 My mom sitting on my dads D8H, this was in 68-70?? he didnt own it but treated it like it was his own. The dog laying down would ride all day long with my dad, man I bet that dog was deaf!!!

Replies20
  1. #1CM19952010-09-23 00:33

    Welcome to the Forums. Dogs rule!:drinkup

  2. #2OCR2010-09-23 01:44

    new to forum, some pics: Awww heck, you shoulda' run her forward a little more... Nice pictures, Bluedrc... and the same from me.... OCR...

  3. #3ronm2010-09-23 14:04

    Great Pictures, wish I had one that size.....

  4. #4Bluedrc2010-09-23 21:21

    Took these pictures today. Building some commercial pads and parking. At this point the pad was very close but I had to work the backslope down to the top of a retaining wall. Had to be very very careful working atop that new wall.

  5. #5Construct'O2010-09-23 22:45

    Just gotta love the red clay!!!!! Mud here. Nice D6H,Mine was new also but 1988 here it is 2010.:usa

  6. #6DPete2010-09-24 11:33

    Great pics Blue and welcome to the forum, I had a D8H direct drive just like in your photo it was a 64' 36A 4093. Hey Construct'O the 6 is looking spiffy, now go wear that new paint off

  7. #7Temu2010-09-24 13:13

    Mmmmm...that sure is perty!

  8. #8Bluedrc2010-09-24 18:46

    Ha if I remeber right there was a bit of a learning curve on those H's with full sweeps. On more than one occasion I opened the door and stoop up crackin my noggin :cussing !!! I don't know if the later models are designed the same way, the company I have worked for for the last 10yrs. runs Deere. In my opinion the Deeres are great tractors.

  9. #9Bluedrc2010-09-24 18:55

    Yeah I wasnt born yet so needless to say I never did see that tractor just pictures. I believe my dad still refers to that as a 46A?? Now the case 450 was my first tractor to operate all by myself but my second dozer to operate was a D6B it was direct drive, tilt on the floor (left foot) man that thing was a bear to run compared to today's machines. I remeber you couldn't even wave trucks because you always had a lever in both hands!!!:drinkup

  10. #10DPete2010-09-24 20:01

    It's a 36A in the pic if you notice the transmission sticks, one is gears and the other is foreward and reverse also the clutch lever is by the left arm rest instead of the power shift tower on a 46A. Those early H's were 235 hp, I put 16000 hours on the one I had then sold it to a farmer and it's still working.

  11. #11ontrac2010-09-24 21:00

    Bluedrc, what part of Oklahoma are you in?

  12. #12Bluedrc2010-09-25 10:01

    Im here in central OK, Edmond.

  13. #13ontrac2010-09-25 10:09

    Your just down the street, who are you working for or are you on your own?

  14. #14ontrac2010-09-25 10:11

    Is that job with the fence down on sooner rd maybe by fairfax golf course?

  15. #15Bluedrc2010-09-25 19:18

    No but close we just finished a small subdivision in Fairfax, as a matter of fact some of our machines are still there. This job is east of I-35.

  16. #16Bluedrc2010-09-25 22:30

    I work for Gallion.

  17. #17ontrac2010-09-25 23:22

    Wayne? If so ask him if he knows Mike Decker, my father in law

  18. #18Bluedrc2010-09-28 20:09

    Ontrac, no I work for his son. Thats a pretty cool website ya got there. We build lots of ponds its always fun, small ones, big ones. I would say half of the ponds we do are new and the other half are existing which we drain, demuck, totally rebuild. Most of the time on the old ponds the customer wants them bigger so we usually remove the old dam (not stable, leaking, overgrown with timber) re-core and build it bigger, taller and deeper.

  19. #19ontrac2010-09-28 20:45

    Thanks, I just small time in comparison to the Gallions. It would be nice to have alot of different equipment avalible. Most people I deal with think 2k is alot for a pond kinda leaves alot to be desired in pond working. It is funny when I I tried to get someone to build mine 20k was not even close to get there attention so I just did it myself for way less.

  20. #20bg_bradley2010-11-27 21:00

    Thanks for sharing.