Hello, I am a new member from Nebraska. I am in the process of upgrading my Bobcat CUT for something that will do some heavier lifting. After much research I ended up with a JCB 212SU. I really liked my CUT but it would not lift enough weight. I am starting a business peeling fence posts and needed something with a PTO that would lift more than 3k pounds. I looked at some larger tractors but found that I needed to get a pretty big tractor to lift that much weight and they really were not setup for working in tight quarters. I've owned a JCB 550 Loadall in the past and had good luck so when I ran across a JCS 212SU loader for sale it looked perfect for what I am doing. The machine is in transit. Supposed to be here tomorrow night or Saturday morning. I'm really excited to get the new toy. I've called the regional JCB dealer and they are supposed to be finding a set of forks for me. It's really strange that it has been 4 days since I called and they still can't seem to figure out what the attachment type is. I literally e-mailed the lady several pics of this machine and other 212SU machines as well as 212S machines that had the same attachment and they still tried to tell me it was a "European" connection not used in the United States. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but I called several other independent companies and they knew the connection type and gave me pricing for forks within a couple of hours. Anyhow I am trying to find a PDF of the manual so I can get the correct fluids and filters ordered. I remember from my past experience with JCB that there is some special brake fluid you have to use. Dont' want to make that mistake again. Here are some pics
Nice machine, 4 wheel drive and steer. There are a few members here who may be able to help, can you supply the year of the machine and serial #.
Absolutely. It's a 2003, SN#SLP212AU3E0937625 . Thanks for your help.
I agree, that's a nice machine with a strong loader for its size. I've been interested in a 210su or 212su from time to time, but cab models are scarce and they've all been pretty thrashed.
I agree. I found several over in Iowa but they did not have cabs and were rental units. Plus they wanted the same money as this one. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?Manu=JCB&MDLGrp=212 Now I just need to find a really nice big box blade with hydraulic rippers to go on back.
I thought I recognized the yard in your pic. I lived in the Santa Clarita / Newhall area a long time. Go with a Gannon box blade if you can find a decent one. Woods dealers can get any parts you need and the parts are all basically the same for the last thirty years or so.
Any idea what the hydraulic capacity of this machine is? I am having an issue with an attachment and the manufacturer seems to think it is providing too much hydraulic flow even at idle with the valve barely cracked. I was guessing maybe 5-10 gpm at idle and 20+ gpm at full power with open valve.
I sold my 212s back in February. Miss it still. On my machine I was thinking the hydraulic flow was pretty low, maybe 8gpm.
On my machine, 210S or 2CX, the manual states, 12.76 UK/gpm and 15.32 US/gpm. I have the backhoe on the rear.
I have a brochure for a 2002 model that lists the flow rate of the hydraulic pump as 19 gpm. It's a US brochure so I assume that's US gallons per minute. Although I would expect less than that at the couplings... but have never measured it.
Thanks for the info guys. That clears up some confusion. Any chance you know if it's' an open or closed system? For some reason that type of information is available for nearly every tractor made the last 100 years on tractor data but not for this particular model.
Hi Okielite, Here is a screen shot from the sales brochure that describes the hydraulic system. I'll send you a PM with a link to the user manual and service guide.