I just bought a JD 35D excavator it has 3900 hrs but is in pretty nice shape. Only using for my personal us at my Cabin. I spent about an hour checking it out and everything seems pretty good except for someone (prior owner) had removed throttle assembly on the dash and motor and replaced it with a choke cable to run the throttle. Waiting on my parts manual now to figure out what I need to put it back. And can anyone tell me why the system light is on in the dash would it be because of the throttle problem no other light are on ? And is there a place where I could check my serial number not sure what year it is last 6 are 234070 any help would be great.
Here's the machine
Machines complete serial is FF035DX234070. It is a 2005 machine. However the year means nothing in the equipment world, so only use serial numbers when requesting parts and service help. Most likely reason for the light would be the missing throttle controls.
Thanks I ended up buying a nice Yanmar Vio45 from the same place because it was a little bigger machine.