Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New toy. Cat 304.

Permafrost-ed ยท 2013-01-12 21:26

New (to me) Cat. Got to admit im a Hitachi guy but I couldn't pass this up. Very nice condition, 3 buckets and a Breaker. Finning serviced (on time intervals) since new. Now I have to go find some work! Cheers.

Replies4
  1. #1GFMotorsports2013-01-13 21:55

    Sweet, have fun and be safe! Looks good

  2. #2melli2013-01-14 00:18

    Yes, very nice:notworthy. I kinda wish I got a machine as weighty as yours...but if money were no object... ...a Kubota 57 or Bobcat E50 would be on my list. So, what year, how many hours, and how much? Of course, your not obligated to spill. Getting that breaker makes me jealous. All the bushings tight, given it came with a breaker....? A fellow excavator owner in my hood has same model as yours...impressed with how quiet it was at idle and speed. He had a stereo in it, it was that quiet...unlike my 331, which is earmuffs at any rpm. All the best.

  3. #3Permafrost-ed2013-01-16 22:15

    I must say after putting some hours on this machine it really is nice. Well laid out cab, accurate hydros, great power and really stable. Its much nicer to run than the Bobcat 435 I have to use from time to time. Machine has 2600 pampered hrs. Its been really well looked after and had a 12" bucket on it most of the time, Breaker has about 40hrs total use.. Pins and bushings are tight and so is the swing. The 435 has been abused all its life and has received annual greasing (yes once a year). The poor 435 has half the hrs and is 4 times as worn out. Price was $38,000 for the lot. I'd rather spend a bit more on a machine thats been looked after than cheap out on the bottom dollar. Now I have to earn some cash with it so I can buy a single axle dump truck.

  4. #4AlloaExcavating2013-01-16 22:42

    Nice machine! Best of luck!