Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Volvo B series motor graders

schuiver ยท 2011-08-15 15:26

Pictures of the new Volvo graders.

Replies7
  1. #1michael james2011-08-15 16:34

    Hi Schuiver, nice looking grader, just an enquiry, isn't the G series the latest model, this B series looks different from the old B series. Whats the go.

  2. #2ovrszd2011-08-16 16:39

    I've never ran a Volvo and only been up close to one once. They are a smooth looking machine. Rarely hear anything negative about them. The one I saw did not have a ripper. I saw two things I didn't like. The rear overhang is too long. The belly is fat and low under the cab. I'd like to try their joystick design. I tried to attach a picture.

  3. #3biggrader2011-08-16 22:17

    The 'Old' graders were 700 series.( ie. 720b,730b,740b etc.) These must be the 'new' B models for the 900 series

  4. #4michael james2011-08-17 04:46

    Yep biggrader, you are right, on looking closer at the model number on the grader, it reads G940B.

  5. #5ovrszd2011-08-17 09:22

    So the G940B pictured must be a later version than the G946 that I pictured?? Can't see much change but there might be a lot of mechanical/structural changes that doesn't show up in a picture.

  6. #6willemdegrader2011-08-17 15:53

    Biggest modification is the new engine (cleaner Tier 3 b engine i thought),and the joystick control wich became a real Volvo option (no 3th party anymore)

  7. #7biggrader2011-08-17 23:22

    http://www.volvoce.com/construction...m.aspx?News.ItemId=105927&News.Language=en-gb Try this link