Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new website

danhoe · 2010-01-09 17:06

need your .02 cents take a look www.powellce.com let me know what you think. Thanks, Dan

Replies6
  1. #1JointVenture2010-01-09 19:57

    Hello Dan, First thing that pops out at me? Doesn't tell me where you're located. Also, no full names ... if you want people to call for services, they need to know who to ask for. One more thing, try to reduce the picture resolution (size) so they load faster. Add some more color (besides blue ) I think the content is great by the way My 2¢ JV

  2. #2adv.wastewater2010-01-10 18:44

    no problem loading the pics or pages for me... i agree on the names, and i agree on the location not being shown... and where your work area is... maybe put a small map to show your location and outline your service areas in red? some good pictures though, never seen a bucket on an excavator backwards, heard of it being done though.

  3. #3bill53622010-01-10 22:15

    I disagree on the names, it will get you a ton of sales calls when the have your full name, epically if you aren't answering the phone no way to screen the call. (They will call and ask for you by name, so like a person who know you.) What I have started doing on any advertising or sign up for anything I use my initials and last name. I still get around 15 to 20 telemarketers calling trying to sell me tools and ads for phone book covers and charities. I agree they need to know who to ask for you just have to have a way to keep from wasting your time. The web site looks great I thought.

  4. #4AmerIndependent2010-01-11 18:39

    Some of your images are not the same size as the box they are being forced to fit into. The best example is the one of your truck- that is why the wheels look like ovals. You should either crop the picture into a square to fit the frame or change the way the image is displayed in the HTML coding. Also, this may be nit-picking, but most professional looking websites i've seen don't use such a bold text as the main text. They save it for headers and such. Good luck!

  5. #5SnoSheriff2010-02-27 16:00

    Most professional websites don't use free hosting and have domain name email addresses. These services are very inexpensive (~$10). PM if you need more info.

  6. #6SnoSheriff2010-02-27 16:02

    I mean to say ~ $10/month...