I have a 1977 New Holland L35 that I noticed leaking a little hydraulic fluid out by the sight glass. The sight glass cavity was packed with old caked in dirt and mud and when I cleaned it out, the fluid then poured right out. Yeah, I know, I should have just left the dirt in place. It appears the sight glass used to be made of 2 layers of glass/plastic and the outermost layer was lost sometime in the past. I can still get a new sight glass assembly but the pictures show what appear to be hollow studs made into the sightglass with hollow bolts on the back side and nuts that I’m guessing have to be installed from inside the hydraulic tank? I’m just wondering (before I start tearing it all apart) if anyone knows how far it needs to be torn down to remove the old sightglass and reinstall the new one. Perhaps there’s an access panel into the tank or some other way to get it done? Looks like otherwise the guards, fuel tank, air cleaner brackets, and firewall would all need to come off to get the hyd tank out and even then, how would I access the sightglass studs inside the tank to put the nuts on. Thanks in advance for any insights
Some pics of your predicament would help
The closeup is looking directly at the inner glass/plastic. The fluid comes out at the bottom of the white area on the camera side of the glass. I think the missing piece used to keep the fluid encapsulated between the inner and outer glass so show the tank fluid level.