Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH LB75b Hydraulic system pressure

HawkX66 · 2025-10-07 19:35

My breather seems to be plugged. I have some pretty decent pressure building up in the tank that releases when I loosen the cap. I'd replace it, but CNH wants $240+ for it. No thanks... Anyone ever pull one apart and do a little R&R? I'd rather not break it trying to get it apart if there's someone that's tried before.

Replies6
  1. #1NH575E2025-10-07 20:18

    I pried one open and cleaned it out once. I think it is supposed to maintain some pressure but it does have a paper element that could clog.

  2. #2Swetz2025-10-07 20:27

    Yes, it maintains pressure.

  3. #3HawkX662025-10-07 20:42

    Thanks guys. I'll take a closer look at it. Now that I can see it comes apart without having to break it I'll probably disassemble it and clean it at least.

  4. #4cosmaar12025-10-08 00:05

    At least you know if it maintains pressure there isn’t any leaks in the tank for water to get in. That was my issue a few years ago.

  5. #5nikthewho2025-10-08 00:57

    Aftermarket breathers exist for $30-60 - search by thread size, flow rating rather than part number.

  6. #6NH575E2025-10-08 09:12

    I replaced mine with an aftermarket bayonet style. Made opening the cap SOOO much easier. I can't tell of the OPs flange has the same hole pattern though. HeavyEquipmentForums