http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mack...ryZ63734QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That would make a great site truck but it is really too good to let it deteriorate any more than it is.Aside from incompetant drivers the truck would be too heavy to make any money hauling legal loads as it is configured but she is a nice old truck. The engines of that era would be the 711 which did have head gasket problems or the 673 turbocharged of about 211 HP.The 250 was a 673 also and I think they had fire rings to help with head gasket failures.I don't remember the 673 as having much of a head gasket problem but it has been a while and my remembery might be failing too ) The Maxidyne which was 675ci was the same block I think and it did have fire rings between the block and the head to take care of compression leakage. That truck was a real hotrod in its day,it could really make you smile.Ron G
That's exactly what I learned on and when I was that young I hated it because everybody else was driving those ultra-modern DM's and R-Models, and I couldn't wait to graduate. This B Model is a pretty easy project to bring back to life...somebody's going to get a nice old truck, and I hope they restore it instead of putting it on site somewhere for some yahoos to destroy.
that is a solid truck would make a great restoration and even put back into service you really can't kill those old macks .Well unless you can't drive a quad box . I almost picked up a '70 r400 with one in it but the deal never went thru . I think to drive one of those you have to talk the talk and walk the walk no BS there
My ol B still gets down the road with the best of them.........well not quite as FAST, but after 49 yrs still does. Wish mine had the "big" 250hp motor. For the money he's asking it don't look bad. Bet it rides like a tank(worse then mine).