I really didn't know where to post this but felt it needed to be said. Nige, I would like to thank you for all the people you have helped on this forum. I always read your comments on any subject you add your imput to. I'm always impressed with the time you take with each person you help. The professional approach you take to help. I even enjoy some of your humor. My hat goes off to you sir.
Truly a pleasant fellow with a wealth of knowledge who shares it freely.
Agreed 1000%. Never ceases to amaze me the effort he will go through to help somebody. Doesn’t matter if it’s a senior member or a new one. Quite the asset.
Yes nige has helped me greatlya few times and he does the same for everyone else. If we ever cross paths dinner is on me!
I'll tip my hat to him too, very helpful.
Wish I owned a Cat machine. I agree Nige is a good man.
He truly is one in a million.
Technicians are a dime a dozen, Nige is priceless.
It is hard to follow all the good comments regarding Nige so I will say is I agree with every comment also. Thank You Nige!!!!
Thank you Nige. We are continents apart, but I feel like we are part of the same Caterpilar, Inc family.
I agree with all of the above. Thanks You Nige.
Definitely a good guy. Helped me out a few times.
over 28000 posts, he is the GOAT, one of many,making H.E.F the greatest place to be!
Ditto
WHAT?! He's been charging me! LOL He alright for an Englishman Place wouldn't be the same without the man.
Agree with all, HEF is greater to have him
Geez, guys. I sincerely hope you guys aren't getting a jumpstart on a gone, but not forgotten thread. Holy cow. First thing I thought of when I saw the title.*******"
I don't think anybody on here even comes close to working these forums like a full time tech support job the way Nige does. Thank you Sir!
Nige, like tctractors, is a guy I would be honoured to have sort out issues with my equipment. I don’t have any Cat equipment so I don’t need Cat support. But for Cat owners having Nige on this forum is a bonus that I would say exceeds any support Cat could offer. And he is such a gentleman as well with a great sense of humour HEF is certainly the richer for Nige and other selfless people like him. Keeps me reading the forum just to read the masters at work.
If I see Nige post it, I read it! Thanks Nige from me too!
Sneaks me in the back door to the cathouse for the needed info only a guy like that could get. Thanks Bud!
Well, I'm waiting to see what Nige's girlfriend has to say about him. @Bluox
I wish he would get out of that suit and put on a white shop coat.
Thank you Nige!
I read his posts, even if I don't have that piece of machinery. He is so great at explaining things and so freely yet humbly shares his knowledge. Thanks for all you do Nige.
Good day all. I missed this somehow and arrived late to the party. Thanks for starting wiithout me...!! Thank you to all for the kind words. I am grateful, but at the same time somewhat embarrassed to be sitting in the glare of the spotlights. It is my belief that one of the great things about this forum is that the whole of it is greater than the sum of its parts. As far as I'm concerned I'm just one of those parts. My feeling is that there are many members here who are specialists in their particular fields who contribute greatly to the success of this forum and we should be thanking all of them for their contribution, not singling just one person.
Were you aware that your last cheque bounced.........!!! That's a genuine 1960s brown warehouse coat I'll have you know......
It is a rather dapper coat Nige. Thank you for all the knowledge you share here on HEF.
It was only relatively recently that I deduced from somebody's comment that the fellow in the brown coat is some famous English entertainer. I am either under a rock, too young, from the wrong side of the pond, or a combination of all three to know otherwise . . .
‘1960s brown warehouse coat’ Pretty warm one likely?
Yes, it's not really Nige in his avatar - the gent is slightly less famous than Nige, he was a very funny British comedian, Ronnie Barker. Check out the "Ronnie Barker" comedy videos on YooToob. You may need to be educated in the British style of humour. Ronnie Barker - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org
Yeah you'd probably need a bit of age to remember "The Two Ronnie's". I remember as a kid watching it with my parents. How did it go? "And it's goodnight from me" And it's goodnight from him"
Not just any entertainer, that’s Ronnie Barker in his fabulous TV series “Open all hours”. Have a look for this show on YouTube. “G-g-Granville get your cloth” was a memorable catchphrase
I agree, entertaining as hell even when I have not a clue what he's on about. Makes me wish I had a broken Cat of my own. Joe H
British humor? Imma headed to the microwave with the popcorn. Heck yeah!
Well gentleman,I think I have some bragging rights on the Nige thing,and certainly so with TC Tractors. I’ve had the pleasure of both working with them and drinking beer with them,I even have pics!! The pictures are for sale at £1000 each.I don’t accept cheques or any dollars.
I’m not much for long distance travel anymore but I’d update my passport and cross the pond to sit with the 3 of you for a bit. The stories would be awesome.
Junkyard,the stories may be abit taller than the cost of your airfare!! Let me know when you are coming over and I’ll make some bigger stories up.
A night in a pub somewhere would be money well spent! There’s several members on here that live over there I’d like to meet. Play in the muck and fix broken stuff like a do here but with warm beer at the end of the day! Haha
Junkyard,I have just ventured into my local village pub for a pint of the black stuff. I can handle the muck,I can even handle playing in the dirt or muck as we call it,but I most definitely draw the line at warm beer !
It is that time around there lol. We’re just about to leave for church here. So did they finally find somebody besides Lucas to build their fridges so the beer stays cold?
Let me know when your going because I'm going too
Warm beer. A common misconception from your side of the Pond. All "proper" pubs have stone-walled cellars where the temperature probably varies year-round by maybe 1 degree at most. That's where the beer is stored and it sure as hell ain't "warm". Not frozen to death like you would need to do to a pilsner-type beer to make it drinkable, but certainly not warm. You should try it.
Hahaha. Definitely warm by our standards. ********
Do you take *******? Passport is up to date.
I wasn't aware there were any ..........
Over here, we figured out about 75 years ago that beer was better ice cold. Not our fault you guys are too stubborn to change*************
Got used to "warm" beer in Kenya. We were staying up in the Taita Hills and the beer was as cold as the temp went down the night before. When that's all ya' got - you get "used to it".
I appreciate the info greatly. I don’t appreciate warm beer tho.
That’s actually from an old joke, I know it’s cold lol. The joke goes why do the Brit’s like warm beer? Because the fridges are made by Lucas. It comes from all the time I soent with a mentor that was into older Jags and other British iron.
I wonder how many guys we could round up to make a trip…..that could be interesting!
The stories would be flowing. Remember the older I get the better I was.
Land Rovers are like Detroits - they don't leak oil they mark their territory.
My friend's dad liked his beer stout. Never could get used to it. I like frost on the bottle, and I like the higher alcohol content of a Canadian beer over American. But I'll raise a pint to Nige
You have to be careful of that pile of worn GET lying in the corner so that you don't trip over it after a few bevvies....
I would go!
You'd all better take knee-length gumboots, because the BS would be flowing more than ankle-deep!
File me in the "thanks Nige" bin. Always willing to help the little guys. Lots of Cat informtion that is hard to find sometimes. Thanks Again, Nige
It’s great reading all these comments on here and makes a lovely read. I will get some pics of my local pub.It is quintessentially English for sure. I’ve visited Canada often and USA a few times.Over there your beer seems fairly light and allways ice cold.It’s great to sink a few after a day in the snow. These days,I spend a fair chunk of time In Spain.They are,without doubt the finest brewers of beer I’ve ever had.Allways ice cold and great to drink in the sun.
Thanks Nige, for all the advice that you have freely given over the years..it’s been greatly appreciated. With an ice cold schooner featuring in my avatar it should come as no surprise that Iam a keen connoisseur of the amber fluid. But, sadly, I might be part of a dying breed with per capita beer consumption here less than half that of 40 years ago.
Thanks for all you do, Nige. When I was a lad we had a couple of young New Zealand guys who spent the summer working the farms, and my cousins made their acquaintance. Super nice fellows but they for sure liked the Rainier right off the counter. They always put a few in the fridge for us.
A few pics of my local pub over here in the UK.I’ve not got many really,but it’s a lovely place for sure.Over the years,I’ve hosted various parties and functions here from my 18th birthday,my children’s christenings and various other drunken reasons.I also organised a meeting of around 40 of the most notorious characters in the earthmoving and mining industry for 5/6 years in a row until the Covid thing stopped it all.That pub has had more muck moved and black smoke billowing out of its windows than a rough 657 with a broken manifold! Many years ago,we nearly lost the front porch of the pub when a lowloader carrying on my D8’s somehow got into a pickle one night with it. The chap in the pic is of Adrian Morris.He’s well known in all 4 corners of the world for owning the most spectacular team of D8K and towed scrapers you’ll ever see.He was also behind the rebuild of that lovely D9H that’s all over social media.The little kid that’s asleep is one of my sons a few years ago after a busy day riding shotgun in a Cat 983 across the road in a field.He’s still keen on all things big and yellow. The final pic is a new sign for the pub that a couple of my chaps made in the shop.Obviously I had to go and take a look at it on Friday night and enjoy a few pints to christen it Amongst some of the HEF board members that have wobbled out of the door are TC Tractors and Nige himself.Even better than the Queen of England
Every July,we hold a steam traction engine ralley.The run up to the weekend sees lots of engines refueling with water and coal at the pub.Some beer seems to get sold too
I wish i had a neighborhood pub
I can say from personal experience that Nicky’s local is a very fine establishment, and the food’s good too….