Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

night work pricing

wreckTX ยท 2013-07-22 18:47

How do you guys price night work? Time and a quarter? Time and a half?

Replies7
  1. #1Dualie2013-07-25 03:04

    depends on how much. if its more than a weeks worth maybe a 10%-20% premium. then its just considered working the night shift

  2. #2JBGASH2013-07-25 07:58

    Time and 1/2 at minimum for us.

  3. #3Scrub Puller2013-07-25 10:33

    Yair . . . wreckTX Never heard of it mate, why is it any different to day work? Cheers.

  4. #4oceanobob2013-07-25 21:35

    no difference in the billing .... noting also we discern 1. less production and 2. the cost to run lights setup etc

  5. #5wreckTX2013-08-12 20:33

    Exactly, so wouldn't that warrent extra pay? I have been paying my guys more for night work, and was just wondering how others treat their guys. Just seems fair to pay someone more for working graveyard.

  6. #6Scrub Puller2013-08-13 05:49

    Yair . . . wreckTX As far as I am concerned any change in rate opens up a whole can of uncontrollable worms . . . for instance when does night-work start, some specific hour or when you turn on the lights? If I have a bloke work sixteen hours straight to get a boat to sea does he go onto extra pay when the sun goes down and the rate reduces when the sun comes up? Nah, just pay them a bit over the odds and look after them in other ways . . . foreign orders through the workshop at cost for instance. There are lots of things can be done to provide a bit of incentive rather than stuffing around with rates, keep it simple I reckon. Cheers.

  7. #7wreckTX2013-08-14 20:55

    Yarr. I don't know how you do things down there, but I don't swing that way!