1986 cat 416 backhoe cranks no start, definitely fuel related spray touch of ether just to see if it would fire off. I did just flushed All the lines. When I pump priming pump it looses prime til I crank it over again.
If this has a Stanadyne/RoosaMaster inj pump.. remove the fitting that’s screwed into the top cover on the pump & try to start it..
I’ll look tmrw, I work nights (well I am there lol) I know it says Delphi on the side.
Never mind then.. Delphi pumps r different than Stanadyne pumps.. U could check the shut off solenoid ..
It’s working I was that these injectors need to be bled one at a time. I was trying to do them all at once and kept getting air in the priming pump
I’ve never heard of such a thing.. All you’re doing is pushing the air out of the lines..& giving it a place to escape..
What I am saying is you pump it say 10 times by the time you get to the 10th pump it’s not as much pressure and you crank the engine over and you get pressure again. You can feel it has pressure Behind it That’s what I’m talking.
Post the #’s off the inj pump name plate.. DO NOT SCRAPE IT.. It’s a tin np and you’ll scratch the #’s right off of it.. If it’s a DP210 pump, the return fitting has a steel ball and spring in it.. what I think is happening is, your lifting the ball off its seat and it’s dumping the fuel back to the tank.?? And building back pressure by way of the supply pump when your cranking the engine.. If u were to remove the return fitting from the pump and look at the threads, it will show u if u have contaminated fuel.. the threads will be rusty..
Ok I will have to get later on I work till 11. Sounds good Ty, I feel like a dope on the water separator I am not sure if I put it together right with the plastic cone shape thing that has the little separators that looks like it grabs the water. (Hopefully that makes sense. The reason I am saying this is that the clear bowl is completely full. In fact it filled up first. Shouldn’t that only have water in that section?
That’s just a basic DPA.. Do a Google search for leaking throttle shaft.. It’ll show u how to get the top cover off.. u probably have a stuck metering valve.??
The one on there is different from what I have. I will show you what the little screen looked like when I took it off. I can say that the past owner had the replace it. It is probably what was wrong with it when he replaced it. The water separator was full of garbage.
So I used a different fuel source and I was pumping away and I can hear the fuel going into return even though I had an injector loose. I looked at the ball on the end the return and it was clean. I will say I pulled the feed fitting out and when I pulled the screen out along with the screen was a spring little plunger type thing and I can’t find a parts break down so I know the order.