Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No start, has a couple of codes

JaxMechanix · 2024-07-25 19:28

Good evening all, currently working on a Hitachi zaxis 250 lc. Customer changed fuel filters and can’t get it started. I’ve tried bleeding air out, cracking injector lines loose, gas rag in the intake, etc. a couple of codes coming up 157-00 and 157-15. I have no way of looking these codes up other than mother internet, so far I’ve had no luck. Any insight or direction would be much appreciated! Happy wrenching!!

Replies9
  1. #1Cliffy2024-07-25 20:21

    Why did the customer change the fuel filters? Was the issue pre existing or a new problem since the filters where changed?

  2. #2JaxMechanix2024-07-25 20:50

    To my understanding, the fuel fill cap was left off for an extended period of time before it was noticed and ended up with a bunch of trash and debris in the tank

  3. #3Cliffy2024-07-25 21:13

    not a hitachi expert but codes relate to rail pressure. My guess is the fuel system was a lot more contaminated then then the customer is letting on and needs replacing. (Living in denial). If not then i would be looking for a dirty fuel can around the machine that the customer prefilled the filters with.

  4. #4JaxMechanix2024-07-25 21:15

    Yeah, I’m wondering if they got some trash up around the suction control valve or the injection pump

  5. #5Cliffy2024-07-25 21:54

    Are you sure there wasnt water contamination as well?

  6. #6JaxMechanix2024-07-25 22:09

    It’s very possible. However, the fuel going into the filter canisters looks really clean and not discolored from water. My concern is these codes, from what I can find, they are dealing with tank share pressure. The attachment that I have added says oil tank, but others that I have found just say “tank pressure”

  7. #7JaxMechanix2024-07-25 22:13

    This is the other one I found

  8. #8Cliffy2024-07-25 22:57

    Think tank could be interpreted as common rail pressure. Like i said, im no hitachi expert but my understanding is 157 - common rail fuel pressure 00 - data valid but incorrect (edit -high) -15 is same

  9. #9JaxMechanix2024-07-25 22:58

    10-4