Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

nomore dodge cummins

HATCHEQUIP ยท 2013-10-14 19:09

If you want a dodge with a cummins in it better get going cummins district manager says that cummins and dodge are splitting the sheets and that fiat is putting their diesel engine in it. Nissan and Toyota are now going to use the cummins engine in their trucks

Replies10
  1. #102Dmax2013-10-14 19:29

    It'll be a good change of pace if its true. A lot of red blooded Americans may not like the idea of a fiat. But truth be told a cummins is about as American as a fiat. Lol Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2mitch5042013-10-14 19:50

    From what I understand, it's been a few years since the Dodge, oops Ram Cummins has been the same as other Cummins engines anyway.....

  3. #3Mike L2013-10-14 20:18

    I heard about Nissan but Toyota too? a few years ago it was rumored that cat was going to build a small diesel for the tundra but obviously it never happened.

  4. #4dirtmonkey2013-10-14 21:54

    From what I understand Toyota and Nissan 1/2 tons are getting v8 cummins. 5 ltr. Not the inline six. Same on the Ram / Fiat , 1/2 ton only.

  5. #5CM19952013-10-15 06:32

    That's what I have read as well. Ram 1500 is getting a Fiat affiliated motor. Nissan is getting a V8 Cummins, haven't read anything about the Toyota or the Cummins being dropped from the HD Rams.

  6. #6RayF2013-10-15 19:14

    Toyota already have there own V8 diesel. For whatever reason they don't use it in the States. I have one in a 200 Series (twin turbo) and they fit a single turbo version in the 70 series.

  7. #7mitch5042013-10-15 23:05

    Ray, what is a 200 series, and what is a 70 series? I wish I could get the Toyotas y'all can. I used a Toyota 1 ton 4x4 for a service truck for about 10 years, then Toyotas stopped bringing good trucks to the US.

  8. #8RayF2013-10-15 23:59

    Link for 200 series http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-200/range Link for 70 series http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series/range

  9. #9backroads2013-10-16 02:55

    My guess in the reasons you don't see certain diesel engines in USA models is strictly due to emissions. The federal gov't mandated cleaner emission in 2003, hence the end of the 7.3L INT Fords.

  10. #10Dualie2013-10-17 01:41

    Personally i wouldn't be the first one out the gate with a Nissan cummins combo. Traditionally speaking cummins hasn't had great luck in the V engine segment. IF your thinking about buying one of the new dodge half tons with the fiat diesel look at parts prices for the little MWM CRD diesel in the little liberty. Mercedes parts are a giveaway compared to their parts prices