It’s horse$hit here too.
Suck it up and hunker down folks, the weatherman is delivering one great big, huge, Biden and Hillary sized load of steaming Global Warming to you special delivery, and it comes with rolling blackouts and impassable highways! Meanwhile I'm NOT leaving the left coast were it is mid 50's and light rain. Seriously God help you guys, it's going to suck badly for a few days.
How about playing a 252 hour hockey game with windchill hitting -40 at times. World's Longest Hockey Game probably also coldest and most skilled | Edmonton Sun
Went to work Thursday at 5:00 am left at 3:00 pm, Fired up the tow unit at 7:30 pm got back at 1:00 am. Friday started work at 5:00 am three full services with brakes tires and light repairs, left in the tow unit at 1:00 pm got back at 7:30 pm. two winch outs. Both caused by the automatic chains the boss just thinks every truck should have. Air system on chains froze up didn't didn't deploy plus the fact those wouldn't help anyway because both trucks were moving too slow.
Can't be our weather those are all double digit temps! Actually didn't get too cold last night as outside thermometer didn't have a minus sign in front of the single digit when I got up about 6:00AM!
It’s my fault. Wife and I took a vacation to Texas and the weather followed us down.
Told my woman we need to stop at the adult store and get some things to play with for the next few days. She said “We don’t need anything. There is cards, checkers, and the grandkids Xbox in the spare bedroom.”
It’s helped me get a lot done the last week I can tell you that. Got the little dump truck setup for wood hauling and cutting. Came home and finished my little garage man-cave setup complete with a storm door, baseboard heat, TV and three beers on tap . Had I known I was gonna end up with 2 weeks of little or no work I would have started my laundry room renovation. If I have another week off I’m gonna run out of stuff to work on. Should have saw parts today for a few repairs I’ve taken on and I have a saw of my own that needs some work. Not sure I can stretch that out for a week or not! I’ll make one more grocery run today for a few things and probably swing by the shop and throw a load of wood in the pickup just to be prepared.
Bare ground yesterday.Woke up to 6" of this stuff this morning. No moving cranes today.
Other being stuck in the house I am enjoying the cold. Anything is better than the Texas heat in the summer. The only problem is that I am bored out of my mind. To cold to go mountain biking. To cold for my many projects. So I am stuck in the house with only this forum to keep me entertained.
Twenty six degrees here this morning. I don't recognize this white stuff at my front door. The service truck is going to sit for today.
Beautiful sunny day here.
We’re not sure that we even get to leave tomorrow. Winter weather advisory in Dallas may keep us grounded
If the weather down here does what they say you won’t be going anywhere. Supposed to get pretty western around these parts.
You really did bring us this weather didn't you? What brings you to Dallas?
Flight just got canceled. We flew into Dallas and spent the week traveling around. Looking to possibly move back to Texas. We were here from 13-15 and I worked in the eagle Ford shale and lived in uvalde. We’re currently in San Antonio. Our flight tomorrow was from San Antonio to Dallas to Baltimore to Maine but now who knows.
That's funny. I'm looking forward to moving out of Texas. I want mountains and more weather like this. The older I get the less I like the heat around here. I would like to live somewhere with actual seasons. If you lived here then you know that this kind of weather almost never happens. It's summer and almost summer here.
We’re sick of the cold weather and maine has ridiculously high taxes for what the pay scale is at. We liked Greenville and Athens in east Texas and we’ve spent the last 3 days exploring the hill country and today we visited with friends in uvalde. Still got some logistics to deal with but hopefully in the next 12-16 months we’ll be here for good. What part of Texas are you in Paul ?
I live in Dallas. If I get stuck here east Texas is where I will most likely end up. The Athens area is one of the places that I have my eye on, or a little more northeast like mt pleasant Texarkana area. But I would prefer to leave Texas. Taxes is a big consideration of staying. No income tax and over all lower cost of living.
Workin on some big iron today!
A little scotch brite and elbow grease and she will run.
Husqvarna?
Scary thing is...it was. Sorta. I traded for it, a friend at work had it. He explained his issues and I kept saying it had an air leak. He ran it until it wouldn’t hardly go anymore. I’m not sure what came first, the air leak and it going lean or if it got a load of straight gas. Or both. PTO side seal was trashed and it had zip for compression. I think the jug will clean up, I hope so I’d prefer to keep OEM. Most AM jugs are junk with the exception of Meteor.
Yes sir, 281. Was going to throw a 288 top end on but she’s far to roached for just that. Time to spilt cases and do it all.
put in place
He was thinking strip poke her and it ended up solitaire?
Got up to +14 today, no wind and, and beautiful sunshine . It was fun working outside catching up on stocking the portable woodshed and getting ready for tomorrows trash man. By next wednesday we are projected to hit 40 F. Not bad for here.