Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Now I’ve messed up (can’t reattach hose on SR220)

SR220noob · 2024-09-07 12:49

In page 3-27 of the Op Manual for the SR220, it says: "NOTICE: When attachments are removed, it is very im- portant that the pressure is relieved from the system BE- FORE the engine is shut down. If the pressure is not re- lieved, you WILL NOT be able reattach hoses. To relieve pressure, push with the palm of your hand on the attachment hose end on the working arm. When done properly, the fitting will move about 10 mm (0.4 in), relieving the stored pressure." I knew this, but I forgot and did it anyway. Turned the engine off without first relieving the pressure. Now I can't reattach hoses. I thought leaving it overnight would do the trick, but it didn't. I still can't attach hoses. The manual doesn't say what to do when I can't reattach hoses. Please help. I have another stupid question. I have this shredder and it has a female case drain fitting. I can just swap that out for a male, right? See pic.

Replies8
  1. #1KSSS2024-09-07 13:02

    Did you try pushing in the pressure relief on the machine after the machine was off? That can help. If not, crack the couplers open on the attachment, relieve the pressure that way.

  2. #2SR220noob2024-09-07 13:25

    on the attachment or the skid steer? I thought the pressure was in the skid steer. I'm trying to hook up a different attachment.

  3. #3KSSS2024-09-07 15:05

    I assumed it was the same. You should be able to press in the pressure release on the skid steer and be fine. I have done it countless times. Sometimes you have to press hard on the release to get it to release if wasn't done while it was running.

  4. #4bad Tom2024-09-07 16:37

    Yes, change to a male tup on your shredder.

  5. #5Cliffy2024-09-07 19:16

    Thats a female fitting on a female fitting?!?! Edit. Should of read before I commented. Just undo the fitting at the hose and screw a complete male fitting on hose.

  6. #6SR220noob2024-09-08 14:30

    So I did that, but it won't connect to the case drain port on the skid steer. It inserts but won't lock in. I think the port is bad. The fitting was only on there hand tight. I tightened it up and it still won't work. Maybe the whole line is blocked or the fitting on the skid steer is bad. I will start, I guess, with getting a new fitting.

  7. #7SR220noob2024-09-08 14:32

    It worked today, with a different implement. I think the fitting on the hose is just bad.

  8. #8SR220noob2024-09-11 14:34

    Is there some trick for removing these fittings from the skid steer? I'm trying to remove the female 1/2" coupler with an adjustable wrench and I'm just rounding off the nut. I've ordered a 1-5/8" socket that I think might work if it is deep enough.