Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Now this is a decent crane

.RC. ยท 2013-02-19 06:01

Something unusual although over this way this design is not that unusual for older cranes.. In fact if I was rich I would buy it just for the fun of it.... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330875709661

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042013-02-19 16:37

    That's cool.

  2. #2Deere500a2013-02-19 18:05

    With somebody that doesn't know how to back up trailers that could be entertaining to watch, a video would be neat. The sad thing is she is so odd it would be sad to see her go to the scrapyard.

  3. #3.RC.2013-02-19 19:52

    As a design it is not that odd, but was common in the WW2 to 1960's sort of era.... I have not seen one that big though, most were 4-8 ton lifts.. The pick and carry crane then changed to an articulated design still with a farm tractor as the power plant, then in the 1980's the pick and carry crane design changed to a more articulated truck based design by a company called Franna, which was then bought out by terex which to this day still makes pick and carry cranes up to I think 28 ton lifting capacity..

  4. #4gostr8r2013-02-19 22:14

    Love that!

  5. #5td25c2013-02-19 22:41

    Interesting crane. Nice looking M3 tank as well.

  6. #6HATCHEQUIP2013-02-22 22:08

    2535 grove 25 tons pick and carry 35 tons on outriggers