1979 International 1954 Series, with a CAT 3208 naturally aspirated and Allison MT653 auto trans. Need lower radiator hose.The hose is a bit of an offset 90 degree bend, 13" long along the center and 2.5" on radiator side and 2" on engine side. Cannot find an OEM style hose at several local sources and online. Universal flex hoses are not close in length and they can't be cut, I may have to try one if an OEM style can't be found. As short as it is I don't know if a muffler shop could make a steel bend and use straight hose to connect both ends. Before I experiment, are there any sources for obsolete/discontinued parts for these truck?
Now need an alarmstat, p/n 1002-04870 set for 210 degrees. Found some on ebay from past auctions that were reasonable and locally there hard to find, but one source is expensive. This is threaded in by the water pump, so I think this shut off the motor if it overheats. If so, I guess keeping an eye on the temp gauge would work until I find one. Does this sound right?
An option for the hose is to find two hose bends that are right and put a piece of steel tubing between them.
Thanks for the reply. I will look at getting a 2"x2.5" tubing reducer, maybe at a muffler shop.
I once got a hose that fit pretty good for a Ford cabover by staring at the parts house's book of radiator hoses for like a half an hour until I saw one that had the right sizes and bends and could easily be cut to fit.