Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oddball Questions about organizing your service truck.

mitch504 ยท 2012-12-10 22:28

This summer my long-time companion died (a 1986 C-30 service truck). I acquired an F-SuperDuty w/ a low profile 9' bed w/ top boxes and a brand new crate 7.3 for less than the cost of fixing my old friend. (I won't mention the 5-spd was in pieces that I had to Tig back together.) Anyway, to finally get to the point, I have been organizing and fixing up this truck along and along, and have run into some things that I know can be done better. So, I made a thread to ask y'all about them. 1. How do you keep hose clamps?

Replies3
  1. #1FSERVICE2012-12-11 22:55

    i have a plastic tote that sits in the bottom of the crane compartment. iv also saw guys that have a loop of wire with all the clamps hung from the top of the compartment or the door

  2. #2theironoracle2012-12-12 01:25

    mitch504, i keep lots of parts in what i call a Lawson box, metal box 2x12x14 or so with hinged lid for the hose clamps in put all sizes in one section of a box which is divided into quarters with front to back. these boxes have many different interior configurations depending on size and wieght of things to devided....................theironoracle

  3. #3justafarmer2012-12-14 09:46

    http://www.zorotools.com/g/00054219...ce&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=shopzilla As much as I dislike zoro, this is a part number you could look for