Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil in radiator

tomjc ยท 2012-11-10 19:33

I bought my 580 B with a blown head gasket, that has been repaired . Now what is the best way to get the oil residue out of the radiator? it is a 580 B diesel.

Replies2
  1. #1d9gdon2012-11-10 19:42

    Cascade dish washing soap in the radiator. It's non foaming. That's what I used in a D8R when the oil cooler went bad. Then I put some Dawn dishwashing soap in and really flushed it.

  2. #2Nige2012-11-11 06:23

    Another vote for Cascade, or TBH any powder detergent designed for dishwashing machines, simply because it's non-foaming. Don't be frightened to get the engine really hot and be warned it make take you a couple of attempts before the water you drain out is clean & completely free of oil. Flush it a couple of times with clean water after that then fill with appropriate coolant.