Got some trouble with the engine, took off the heads, looks like a piston is touching the head, no damage but enough to show sign on head and piston #3 cylinder. Does any body have an idea what all has to come off the bottom to get the oil pan down and out of the road. Got the power washer out and getting it cleaned up, and didn't look first. Think either wrist pin or bearing, but will know more when pan is off.
Looks like i need to drop the steering tie rod not sure about the V that holds the front end, can you just pull the big bolt in the rear and maybe push it down enough? The front bolts on the pan are a bit tight to get to but got them loose , just don't want to try to take pan off till figure out if it will come out . Thanks
There is no need to mess with the steering tie rods. it won't help. Remove the radiator hoses and also remove the front counterweight. Use a transmission jack if you can borrow or rent one. Remove the front motor mount bolt. It will most likely need a new rubber bushing. Hook an engine hoist to the front of the block and raise it (the block) enough to remove the oil pan. If you remove the oil pump be very careful of keeping track of the shims under the four mounting holes. That is what sets the gear backlash of the pump. Do you have the service manual for the engine ?
No I do not have a service manual could only get a parts manual.
Send me your email address in a Private Conversation and I will send it to you !
double post.
I also suggest that you remove the motor from the machine. Then you can install a new rear crankshaft seal, but more importantly you will be able to inspect the flex-plate that is between the flywheel and torque convertor. The odds are 10 to 1 it is failing. The last thing you want is to have it fail when the machine is in a nasty place to move it from.
Ya I was kind of thinking the same thing about just pulling the engine, unfortunately its in a bad place already sitting in the middle of the yard where I was digging a stump when it started rattling and pouring white smoke. Hard to pull an engine in a muddy yard but im working on a plan. Did you have a chance to send that service manual. I never received it after sending my email in the private message?
Yes, I sent it. I copied and pasted your email address into the message.