My brother in law is in the hospital, and my brother and I are trying to help out with my sister and his business. What transmission fluid for an old JCB 1550B?
Company Wrench JCB in Lexington SC should be of help with that. Tel (803) 520-0032 Also there is this old thread. HeavyEquipmentForums
I did an internet search and found this, Mitch. Apparently Valvoline has some relevant info on their website. Looks like their Type F is OK to use. https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/automatic-transmission-products/type-f
Thanks Tinkerer and JL
Since we're on transmission fluid, let me ask here.... (I have same machine) My fluid evidently has collected some water. I drained it and it was more pink than red. I actually changed it twice as I didn't stop to think the cooler might be full of pink fluid, making the new red fluid look pink.... I was told by a friend I can drain the transmission fluid, load it up with diesel fuel.... run it for couple minutes and the diesel will "rinse" out the innards and still be lubricated enough to not cause any damage. (He did not say to DRIVE the machine, just run it....so I'm still unclear about the wisdom of actively driving it verses maiybe raising the rear wheels and just letting the wheels turn in place) Then....drain diesel/muck and fill with new. Thoughts??
Yeah, I don't see how that would hurt anything if only done a few minutes. If you have already changed it twice, you probably got most of it. Getting the machine good and hot once in a while can help keep the moisture from building up.