Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OK so the 4500 sold out from under,

DMiller ยท 2013-10-26 09:45

now we are looking at a 580Super L, Thoughts, considerations to look at? Good points or bad omens to be aware of on these? Thanks guys

Replies3
  1. #1ctkiteboarding2013-10-26 09:52

    you cant go wrong with a super l as long as its not whipped, even whipped they seem to last forever and some say the super l is the best platform ever made for a tlb. just a hardcore work machine ....go for it

  2. #2mitch5042013-10-26 10:10

    Way more machine than a 4500 I went from having a 4500 and a 3400 to a Super K, the Sk can outwork both Fords combined.

  3. #3DMiller2013-10-26 13:55

    The 580 is a CK series not a Super L as considered, guy said he thought it a super as it is extenda hoe. Is old, is well worn but surprisingly started up maybe three turns of the crank cold this morning. P/S was low but still working with no noise, hoe could lift and move tractor with ease unlike the 4500, the bucket cylinders show to weep a lot and one had issues with running oil at the seal. Questions: is this unit seal or packing for the cylinders, parts?, where the hell is the hydraulic level checked as I thought I had looked everywhere and found no place to check or to fill but I know I am just overlooking it. Shuttle shifted fine, trans was smooth as is the clutch and the brakes worked well. $6900 PS, guy that showed it was NOT the owner, he is out of town for the week(Elk Hunt).