Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old 140 Dynahoe backhoe

Nydirt · 2024-10-11 07:13

I have a mechanical friend who is helping me replace a leaking brake master cylinder on machine. I went to local Napa and they thought they could get it, it came in 3 times incorrect. Does anyone know who made the assembly and where to find parts or replacement unit ? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Nydirt2024-10-11 07:16

    I’m sorry I forgot to mention this is on a 140 Dynahoe

  2. #2B&B2024-10-11 19:23

    Is it completely junk or are you able to rebuild it? Ive had luck with older machines matching up the seals and cups at a local old time parts store, depending on the NAPA they can be good or useless

  3. #3Nydirt2024-10-11 20:40

    A rebuild was what we wanted to do, a heavy equipment mechanic has all apart but 3 times the Napa rebuild kit contains the wrong size seals for my cylinder. Any idea where else to try for a kit? Thanks in advance

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-10-11 22:18

    Go to a clutch and brake shop that deals specifically with them.

  5. #5Nydirt2024-10-12 05:50

    I thank you for your idea, I wasn’t aware there were such shops. Do you know a name of one ?

  6. #6B&B2024-10-12 14:29

    HeavyEquipmentForums This thread has some good info on a 160 and also where to find other resources for dynahoes in particular