Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Bucyrus Erie crane

Hjolli · 2012-07-21 14:33

Hello These pics are from 1967 from a concrete pouring job in my old hometown. I would like to know if anybody out there could tell which Bucyrus Erie model this is. I´m unable to see any model tags on the crane and have not been able to find a similar model on the net. Btw the concrete mixer is an old Checkoslovakian model

Replies12
  1. #1gostr8r2012-07-21 17:33

    It looks like about a 30 ton machine from the little boom, counter weight and the small 3 axle carrier. Maybe an old school manual rig too, IDK for sure tho.

  2. #2mitch5042012-07-21 18:03

    That is definitely small. Maybe in the 10B range. The cab looks a little different from those though. BTW, it is definitely manual controls, B-E didn't use air controls on anything smaller than a 30B.

  3. #3Hjolli2012-07-21 18:32

    I think this was a 15 ton model and yes, it was manual control and manual outriggers. This time I was able to upload a slightly larger picture...

  4. #4mitch5042012-07-21 20:28

    A 10B was a 13 ton model if I remember right. I looked around a little and found some older 10Bs with a similar cab. Most of my B-E experience was with machines from the 60s-70s, but they made 10Bs all the way back in the 1930s. Once you get up to the 15Bs, the house is as high as the top of the cab.

  5. #5vintex2012-07-23 05:57

    hi guys im pretty sure that the machine in question is a 14b i hav the english version 14 RB they hav manual main controls with air change over and steeringthere has been a post on here before with a 14b dragline it would be interesting to find the build duration of this modle as they appear to be quiet rare

  6. #6General3102012-07-23 11:04

    Mitch 504 - The 25B was smaller then 30 and had air controls.

  7. #7Hjolli2012-07-23 17:06

    Yes this seems to be a rare model, I have been doing several searches on Google and not finding anything yet that looks like it. I think they bought it brand new in 1964. I recall the owner wasn´t very satisfied with it and replaced it with a P&H of similar size

  8. #8Donns2012-07-24 10:20

    I never thought that Ruston used the name Bucyrus Erie. I thought all their machines insignia was Ruston Bucyrus. The sign Bucyrus Erie would seem to say it came from the USA manufacturer. (I could be wrong too). I started out on 22Bs but and have seen 15Bs but don't recall seeing this house configuration. Nice pictures.

  9. #9classictruckman2012-09-03 18:57

    I have seen a picture of a truck mount 22B with a house like that, I think it was a 1967. I'm not completely sure about the year though since it's been a few years since I saw the for sale ad.

  10. #10Dozerbill632012-11-14 11:33

    # size of Crane I believe this is a 11 - B Bucyrus Erie , they were manufactured around the 60's:usa

  11. #11Hjolli2012-11-15 13:32

    Thanks a lot Dozerbill63. I just found these pictures http://www.lislesurplus.com/B/Bucyrus-erie-model-11-b-truck-mounted-crane-10-ton/

  12. #12Mevas2012-11-15 15:16

    We have inspected this year a nice piece: http://baumaschinengutachten.blogspot.de/2012/03/ruston-bucyrus-crane-inspected.html regards from Germany www.mevas.eu