Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Cat 214B problem

TinosMarble · 2025-10-04 14:50

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. The excavator of the title has seen some really heavy usage over the years, it is used in a marble quarry on hammering duty to be specific. The issue that has come up is that we can't switch gears anymore. It is moving only in hare mode and is a bit risky on big slopes. A quick scan was the only thing I was able to do today, and I think the issue is probably of electrical nature since the hydraulic switch solenoids get no power at all. Where would you start? Do you think it is possible to find any blueprints for it( I think it would be a bit tricky since it is supposed to be a cat/zeppelin/eder mix). Any help is appreciated. Thank you everyone

Replies4
  1. #1Coaldust2025-10-04 15:42

    Γεια σου and welcome to the HEF. That Tinos green is beautiful marble. I’ve been around the marble industry. Alaska has a couple beautiful marble deposits on Prince of Wales Island. Calder Bay white stone was used to build state capitol buildings, post offices and such. Now, it’s mostly mined for pharmaceuticals.

  2. #2Nige2025-10-04 15:46

    If you want an electrical and a hydraulic schematic then please post a machine Serial Number.

  3. #3TinosMarble2025-10-05 01:05

    Sorry I just managed to discover the machine serial number, it is 4CF00526, the schematics would be really appreciated. Yeah most of the quarries in Greece nowadays are used for sand/gravel production or beauty/pharmaceuticals.There are only a few that produce slabs etc

  4. #4Nige2025-10-05 06:04

    Check your message inbox. I sent you both schematics.