Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old D7E engine enclosures

Iowan ยท 2013-09-10 22:18

Ok I've searched and searched on here and couldn't find any info so here it goes. I'm looking for pics or info on building engine enclosures for a 1969 D7E. Has anyone built there own? Or have detailed pics of what they look like? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1d9gdon2013-09-11 08:13

    I got mine from Kenco Mfg., they looked great on it. I couldn't have built my own for the price I paid for them if I had to start from scratch without a set to copy. http://www.kencomfg.com/default.htm

  2. #2Iowan2013-09-12 21:50

    Thanks d9gdon I emailed them.

  3. #3D6c10K2013-09-12 22:34

    A cousin of mine has a D7E ( I think about a '67 year) that has a set of engine enclosures. He doesn't have them on the machine, but if Kenco doesn't work out I might be able to get some pics for you. Not sure if they're factory or shop built. It's located in south central IA also.

  4. #4Scrub Puller2013-09-13 01:22

    Yair . . . It was important for us to have neat fitting guards to keep leaves and twigs out of engine bay. They are pretty simple to make and on oval track machines once you get to D7 size I found the best design was to hinge them at the bottom with supporting chains back to the bonnet . . . in operation the screen hinged down and, when open, provided a platform above the track. Such a setup was good at service time and gave a bit of room to move. We used to rearrange the plumbing so the hydraulic pipes on the cylinders described an arc as close as possible to the pivot point . . . they ran in a slot cut in a piece of conveyor belt. This section was fixed and did not lower with the side screen. Cheers.