Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Terex’s anyone?

Paystar · 2008-07-06 01:25

Just wondering, anyone have any pictures or stories of the old Euclid or Terex front end loaders, like the 72-61 to 72-81 series. I kinda have an interest in them. When I was a kid, my grandfathers friend owned a big quarry and had a bunch of them. Mostly 72-51's and 61's with V6 and V8 Detroits. I still have some old Terex hats put away. They were the biggest loaders around here at the time. They used them in the steel mill too. He bought them from Blackwood Hodge. They were very popular in this area until Terex started with all the name and ownership changes, the Blackwood eventually dropped the brand. I still see lots around, still working, but never hear much about them. Anytime I do a search on the net, all I seem to find is pics of old scrap ones for sale. I even have a book on the history of Euclid and Terex and it doesn't show many loaders. Were the loaders not a big thing for them? Funny cuz like I said they seemed to dominate in this area.:beatsme I talked to a pit owner that replaced his with new Komatsu WA 500's and he told me the Terex's had all kinds of drive and lifting power (matched the WA's) but said obviously didn't have the comfort, control smoothness, or reliability of the new ones. I've heard the transmissions were the weak points on them? Anyway, just trying to relive old memories

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies88
  1. #1Lashlander2008-07-08 02:11

    Those old Terex Loaders were a tough bunch. I spent many an hour in them. Two different contractors here ran a few of them. During the pipeline Cat was swamped and Terex sold a lot of equipment. One contractor had a 41, 51, two 61s and a 90B. The other contractor had a 31, 41, 51, 70C and 71.I'm having a little trouble finding any good pics. Here a few I did find.Funny, when I go to attach with the paperclip it attaches it up in the brown area at the top of the page. We'll do it the old fashioned way. 1. 72-71 2. 72-31 forground 72-71 background 3. 72-31 4. 72-31 Can't work all the time! 5. 70C This pic was on a job we had in Portland.

  2. #2tctractors2008-07-08 16:49

    Noise makers Funny how things work out, I maintain/repair 2 of these old bangers owned by 2 different people, about 500 yds from each other, these are ex military jobs powered by 6 cylinder inline GM,s they both bought them about the same time from different parts of the U.K. the hydraulic cylinder rods look a bit skinny for the size of the bucket, and it seams that 1 seal kit fits all the rods even the steering cylinders, the high level oil tank for the steer pump looks a bit of a lash up, but they do make a racket when you give them "The Boot". tctractors

  3. #3southernman132008-07-14 13:18

    72-31 Terex fixin to look at 72-31, low hr unit any pros cons, what are these 3 yrd? hows the power on these machines, good to strong or what would they compare to if in good running order, thanks

  4. #4mikef872008-07-14 21:55

    The pro's strong as an ox, unbeatable, could pick up Mount Everest, and simple to work on. The con's loud as a battleship, slow as molasses You can always change the motor over to a 6 BT cummins like I did. It took maybe 3 days to switch it over, but for what it cost me and what it makes me a year in the snow it was well worth it.

  5. #5southernman132008-07-15 07:04

    72-31 when you say slow is that speed or cycle time or booth, what does it weigh, does it have a lot of breakout force? was that a cummins out of a dodge truck, other than the noise reduction what did you gain from that engine swap. i want it for clearing land and most of that is 12 inch pine tree stumps left after clearcutting, i have a w14b case that isnt enough machine, what do you think? thankd for the info

  6. #6bigblueox2008-07-15 10:45

    yeah you got to watch out for those quarry sharks i hears they can be real agressive towards junky equipment and they get real big.:drinkup:cool2:lmao that looks like a big one!

  7. #7mikef872008-07-15 16:08

    I got more power out of it and I could get someone to stay in it for the duration of the snow storm. These guys are spoiled with all these new loaders. A Terex 71_31 will be more than enough machine to clear the lot, you may be better off with a excavator with thumb. But a Terex will pick up Mount Everest.

  8. #8southernman132008-07-15 18:14

    thanks againfor the info, i will look into it further, i rented a 650J and it worked fine but i would like to end up with a loader to keep around its more versatile than the dozer, if i put a rake on the terex it should do fine from the sound of it (no pun intended)

  9. #9Dominion 4102008-08-10 16:49

    Sure remember those loaders well.Had five of them over the years,all purchased new or nearly new from Blackwood Hodge.A 72-20,a pair of 72-31's,a 72-40 and a 72-31B.Also rented a 72-61B and 72-71.Tough as nails and right about lifting Mount Everest.The 20 was my favorite one to operate especially after we put in the orbital valve steering.The one 73-31 had a factory no-spin differential in the rear,and made a big difference in soft ground .Had to keep an eye on the bell-housing bolts as they tended to loosen and break.The 72-40 had a 6v53 in it and was a real pusher.Peel off the front drive-shaft if not careful.The 31B was a good loader with a strong 4-71T engine.Longer wheelbase,better steering and improved hydraulics.Quieter cab(?),and better visibility also.Saw that loader lift a nine ton valve chamber section and carry it over two kilometers to where it had to be installed.That was handled with a Poclain HC-300.

  10. #10Terexer2008-09-06 13:16

    I have two old 72-31:s, used to run them both, but nowadays I use only one of them as the other one had to donate some parts. The one I use got a fully overhauled 4-71 Detroit that runs like a dream. New brakes. I use it every winter for plowing snow, and in the summer for all kind of things.

  11. #11zlssefi2008-10-07 22:41

    terexes How costly was the 4-71 rebuild to do? and how much time did it take to remove and re install the engine? I bought a 72-31 BA which from my understanding is the first one they put disc brakes on all the way around. The engine was swapped in out of a chipper and was never adjusted right, but now it has good power but the oil pressure is iffy and burns tons of oil. during a 10 hour storm it will burn a gallon to a gallon and a half. Ive already talked to my diesel mechanic and were gonna rebuild it, but im just trying to figure out how much of a job it is....

  12. #12Terexer2008-10-08 10:52

    The cost of rebuilding my engine was totally, $2040.00, but then it was a rebuilt cylinder head and all filters new too. Just the rebuild kit was $650.00. Don´t remenber how many hours I spent taking the engine out, maybe one day out, and one day in. I bought all parts from Diesel Specialists LLC in Baton Rouge Louisiana, very nice people with high knowledge. I still buy all my Detroit parts from them. www.dslspec.com

  13. #13Terexer2008-10-08 10:57

    Was thinking about another thing, when a Detroit is burning alot of oil, it can be bad oil seals in the blower. It was so on my machine, remember I bought a blower gasket and seal kit, don´t remenber the exact cost, think it was under $100.00....

  14. #14Cumminstech2008-10-08 11:14

    Terex Loader We had an old 72-31 get brought in for scrap. It was clean and still ran. The ended up taking our CAT shear to it and it was gone in ten minutes. It was a sad sight to see that old terex torn apart.

  15. #15Cat-Peter2008-10-10 08:10

    My toy Here is an pic of my 72-51. Bought it as an trip down memory lane, started my career as an operator in one just like the one i have now.

  16. #16Dominion 4102008-10-10 21:54

    Terex Nice pic of the 72-51.Can almost hear that 6-71 all the way over here... Good to see some of those old loaders saved from the scrap yard.The first one I ran was a Euclid 72-40.They had some weak points,but would really take a flogging.

  17. #17Cat-Peter2008-10-11 11:24

    I will post more pic's in the future as I get it back in it's former glory. It will get an new coat of Highlite green and that ugly muffler on the hood is going away. I have some hope to find some better tires for it,new one's arnt an option. Way to expencive for an toy. Otherwise the mechanical is in good order. Hopefully I will show it at an construction equipment show here in Stockholm in may next year. Spread some nice sound ower Stockholm!

  18. #18alan627b2008-11-10 14:30

    Some Terex/Euclid pics I found....

  19. #19alan627b2008-11-10 14:35

    Wait! There's more....

  20. #20SAWDUST DAN2009-01-05 20:32

    I have a Terex Payloader 72-21AA and am having trouble with the wiring harnass was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram

  21. #21mag60002009-01-07 18:42

    alan627b, That dozer in the first pic sure looks familiar. It looks like the one that was sitting near the ghost town of Rhyolite near Beatty, Nv. Been a couple of years since I was through that area. I'm going back out there in a few weeks to check out some old mines. Maybe it's still there.

  22. #22JS580SL2009-01-12 20:44

    I ran a friends terex about the size of a 950. Its an 80's machine, simalar to a Fiat Allis. It has a 4 cylinder detroit and I think it would keep up just fine with the kitty cats. It was a strong machine, moved quick, the hydralics wern't that quick though.

  23. #23mackman2009-02-02 20:52

    My grandfather had a 72-51aa. I loved to run that loader, it was horse. He bought it to use at an old bank gravel pit he had. The old 175a series 1 that he kept down there was no fun when the high bank slid down at you. On the front with no cab was no place to be!

  24. #24excavator2009-02-02 21:43

    Several years ago I bought a pre-production Euclid L-20. If I remember right, in about 1958 Euclid wanted to get into the wheel loader market so after building 1 or 2 proto-types, they built 30 pre-production L-20's and L-30's. They looked totally different than the production machine. The counter weight and head light areas were the Euclid round shape instead of square. This one was updated, it's painted cat yellow and has had a ROPS installed.

  25. #25Dug Overburden2009-02-03 02:11

    Terex wheel loader photos (72-81) These were in Clevland & Columbus Ohio in 1969. I did not take them, found them on the web. A bit of trivia for the old Euclid/Terex fans, there was a transition period from July 1 1968 to Juy 1 1970 when GM did not use the Terex name, just called it the Earthmoving Equipment Divison of General Motors. The loader in the 1st picutre has the words "Product of...GENERAL MOTORS" on the side of the hood. Sure wish there were sound effects for the two photos! Dug.

  26. #26Dominion 4102009-02-03 20:09

    Terex Dug Overburden Now thats iron:drinkup:drinkup

  27. #27alan627b2009-02-09 22:50

    Did you guys know Euclid was also a heavy metal band at one time? Sounds right, the were loud enough! Check this out... http://waxidermy.com/2006/12/24/euclid-heavy-equipment-1970-amsterdam-flying-dutchman-subsidiary/

  28. #28pavving2009-03-03 05:09

    terex i just baught a new small terex tl120 haven't even drove it yet seams to be some nice machines i also just baugt a terex asphalt roller haven't used it either lol.

  29. #29Dominion 4102009-08-20 19:31

    72-40 Terex loader Having a time posting Youtube,but type in ''runnin the Terex".That is a machine I sure remember.:drinkup Dominion

  30. #30spitzair2009-08-21 00:19

    Twin River Gravel company in Whister/Pemberton runs a bunch, or at least they did when I was driving truck in the area a few years ago. I quite enjoyed them! Lots of power, and lots of noise! Here's a few pictures I took when I had the opportunity... The truck is the Sterling I was driving at the time...

  31. #31mikef872009-08-21 16:50

    I love the old Terex. Slow, but powerful, and you didn't need to worry about a stupid sensor or relay going bad and causing problems. Keep it simple, keep it running

  32. #32curbappeal2009-12-29 18:14

    I need help with my 72-31AA. When I start it it does't want to move at all. It need lots of time to warm up until the trans will do anything. The motor is flawless, it is a trans issue. once it idels for 1 hour or so it runs fine. Any ideas????

  33. #33pavving2009-12-29 18:20

    hmm could be the fluid and filters??

  34. #34pavving2009-12-29 18:24

    huge that machine is a monster lol..

  35. #35curbappeal2009-12-29 18:26

    We changed all fluids and filters in trans and someone suggested it could be a creeper valve? I pulled it off and gutted it thinking it was stuck/plugged, still no help????

  36. #36Cat-Peter2009-12-30 00:38

    Hello, I will check with an friend of mine who have been working on Euc's,Terex and Detroits and Allison for years. I will check today,hopefully I could have some ideas later on. Peter

  37. #37zlssefi2009-12-30 22:54

    I just recently changed the transmission charge pump on a 72-31 BA terex. The original pump self destructed. What are you getting for pressure readings?

  38. #38NDRancher2009-12-31 00:59

    Check this one out for sale in South dakota http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=1&cat=199&p=1&a=507143

  39. #39southernman132009-12-31 06:42

    I have one I'll sell ya its a 1984 72-31MPU its all original millitary issue, camo pattern, runs very good showing around 1300hrs and I belive its right. rear brakes don work but its the foot valve thats bad, has bucket with teeth good 20.5 tires, its in Plains, Ga let me know if interested, I have some pictures not sure if I know how to post them but I can email. It has auxillary valves and levers as well. $ 7900.00 321-228-6684. I dont use it anymore since I bought a dozer and a T300

  40. #40pavving2009-12-31 12:46

    loader thats a pretty good price!!

  41. #41pavving2009-12-31 12:48

    north dakot Glad to see some people from North Dakota on here,,i live in Minot..happy new years everyone!!

  42. #42Miningpower2009-12-31 16:18

    You might like this- Terex IBH 72-81 YouTube - Terex 72-81 Walk-around

  43. #43curbappeal2010-01-04 15:56

    checked pressure today and went straight to 170 psi. It didn't take time or ramp up, or go up and then loose pressure or anything. I am completely lost????

  44. #44zlssefi2010-01-05 07:36

    transmission If your charge pump readings are good, which it looks like they are, i would guess maybe a torque converter problem....i havent gotten into these very much.

  45. #45curbappeal2010-01-05 07:43

    Thanks for the help everyone. I figured it out last night. The Trans has two hole plugs, and I talked to a local Allison dealer. They said you have to fill it up to the top hole and start it up and there should be fluid at the bottom hole. We had just preformed a fluid and filter change and had filled it up to the top hole. After starting it there was no fluid at the bottom hole, so I filled it up to the top hole again and restarted it. This went on for some time and finally it stayed full. I have no idea where all the fluid was going. The only other place could be the cooler, but I added 4-5 more gallons!! Really weird. Well anyways it works pretty good now. Sometimes it's the obvious that gets overlooked. Thanks again all!!

  46. #46hartzou2010-01-12 08:19

    You can contact the terex dealers to solve the problem

  47. #47pavving2010-01-12 16:13

    the dealer is there to make money..so sometimes people will ask each other on here before spending a lot of money..thats kinda what is nice about this forum,,there is people who will share what they know to help each other..

  48. #48jjinc2010-09-05 11:22

    Terex &2-40 For Sale I have a Terex Front end loader with a Hyster lowboy forsale. Terex 72-40 with a 31/2 yds bucket. I bought the loader with a bad engine It came with another motor to replace it. Its a V6 Detroit motor. We pulled the engine out but we dont have the time to finish it. Hyster lowboy trailer needs a new deck, spring loaded ramps, solid trailer GVWR 80,000. $5000 for both Not sure how to put pictures on here, but heres a link with a pic of the trailer and the trailer. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32537916@N07/sets/72157624759673803/

  49. #49jjinc2010-09-05 11:33

    Terex 72-40 For Sale I have a Terex Front end loader with a Hyster lowboy forsale. Terex 72-40 with a 31/2 yds bucket. I bought the loader with a bad engine It came with another motor to replace it. Its a V6 Detroit motor. We pulled the engine out but we dont have the time to finish it. Hyster lowboy trailer needs a new deck, spring loaded ramps, solid trailer GVWR 80,000. $5000 for both Not sure how to put pictures on here, but heres a link with a pic of the trailer and the trailer. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32537916@N07/sets/72157624759673803/

  50. #50hawk2812010-11-12 01:28

    I won a 72-61AA wow think i am replying to this right. I own and operate a 72-61AA everyday. I use it to load chip trucks and 6 wheels drive off road dump trucks. this machine is very powerful and pushes a morbark tub grinder up the steepest hills by the king pin on the loader bucket. It might be slow but it will not stop. put a set a chains on the big old girl and look out. I own eastside wood recycling and have rented many loaders and the only other loader in compairable size that can push my tub grinder arround is a 980f cat. i will post some pictures for you all this loader is like new I have kept it very nice. look at pics on my facebook to see it in action

  51. #51hawk2812010-11-12 01:30

    sorry all my email is [email protected] if you want to see the loader in action

  52. #52bvwaste2011-05-02 14:56

    Does anyone have any thoughts on a 1982 72-51B, good machine for general duties or problem machine to stay away from?

  53. #53JS580SL2011-05-03 23:45

    Had the chance to spend a few hours in this.

  54. #54bvwaste2011-05-04 09:16

    What were the good/bad points of the Terex?

  55. #55alco2011-05-04 15:52

    Jeremy, that's a pretty neat setup you have going there, and not too far south from where I grew up. I love the look of the old Terex, and that one seems pretty clean!

  56. #56southernman132011-05-19 16:02

    so how did u like it, i have a 72-31MP2U for sale very low hr military issue, camo color 321-228-6684 in SW Georgia

  57. #57howmutch2012-03-06 14:54

    just bought ex army 7251 mwt needs lots of rev to make it move any ideas, also little switch left side of seat says trans lock any body know what this does; this machine sounds like the ones tctractors maintains

  58. #58cat3202012-03-08 08:17

    our town had one it was a beast you could hear those detroits a long way off they have since auctioned the machine off and replaced it with a JD 3 yard machine i guess the brakes where bad in these machines the towns machine caught fire to them i guess . i put a bid in on it but didn't get it that place across from foxboro stadium got it.

  59. #59AggMan2012-03-08 19:08

    Anyone know what the GVW would be on a Terex 72-61 AA wheel loader? Thanks.

  60. #60Greatwestcam2012-03-25 16:19

    here's another one waiting for the next job.

  61. #61kshansen2012-03-27 19:40

    We had two of the 71-81's 12V-71 with twin turbo's. When we were done with them they were sold to a smaller quarry not far from here. Not sure how long they used them a couple years back I was at that plant and one of them was parked in the scrap area. This last fall when I was there there was no sign of it so I think it has become a Kia or something else! My dad made the mistake of tailgating one once with his pickup. Operator was heading up a ramp to another level in the quarry when a customer truck was starting down the ramp. Trucks going down hill are given the right-a-way. So loader operator put the 72-81 in to reverse and backed up to let customer come down the ramp. That big old girl had some big blind spot to the rear and the Chevy didn't get out of the way before the left rear tire did some damage to the front of the truck. Insurance adjuster could not understand why estimate was so high on a truck that was "just hit by a tire"!

  62. #62uncle ronny2012-03-30 08:31

    poss buy a terex a few days need some info HI, I just got done looking at a terex... I need a bigger machine then what In using, Im using a michigan 175a... this terex looks bigger... it has brakes... Michigan doesnt.. yea.. I dont know much about terex, its got the same engine as the Mich, 4 cylinder Detroit. I would guess its a 4-71 it just seems like a taller engine then the one in the michigan... I need to know approx what year and how much it weighs and what weight it will lift based on the info I can type here.... from pics on the net here, it looks like a 71-30 same style and steps, etc... the serial plate says 9upm made by General Motors, and says Euclid Terex corporation on a tag... Its got a generator on it not an alternator.. looks original. 12 volt system. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Ron

  63. #63cat3202012-03-30 19:18

    our town had one a 7231-b slow but powerful you could here it for a mile away but i did hear they all kinds of problems with the brakes catching on fire. benco finally bought it at auction in foxboro ma i wounder who bought it from them. for top dollar.

  64. #64renaud2012-03-31 22:09

    This 72-71 is located in Ignace, Ontario. Beside the paint being in rough shape, the loader itself looks in a pretty good condition. Theire is no broken window, dent in the body or missing lights..... I can imagine it does'nt have too many hours on the meter..... Max. <script src='http://img213.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=Uploaded with [IMG=http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/451/terex7271ignace3.jpg][/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  65. #65kshansen2012-04-01 10:44

    I know that wasn't one of ours! The lights and fenders would have been bent or missing before the paint lost it's shine! Do yo know if this one is being used?

  66. #66renaud2012-04-01 20:26

    I have no idea, but it does seems like it ever moved since the previous time i drove in the area, wich was 2 years before i took these photos.I took the pics in April of last year, and last time i drove by there, it was in June of 2009. Max.

  67. #67truckdoctor2012-04-02 14:37

    There was a terex loader abandoned at a gravel pit out east of where I lived. I forget the size but it had the 6v71 in it. It was the newer series and had load scales in it as well. I wanted to try to get it but they must have scrapped it because I eas by that pit a few weeks ago and it was gone. It's too bad because it was worth saving.

  68. #68tireman2012-04-03 18:21

    Here's a couple of pics of an old Terex loader that I worked on a few times. Belonged to Holroyd.It was located at their Nisqually plant in Washington state. these pics were taken in 1992. Not sure of the machines model. It had 33.25-35 tires on it.

  69. #69Luckytalons2012-05-14 13:04

    My boss bought an old 72-31AA for pretty much scrap price. Over the past year I've had my hands full fixing the steering and brakes. I had to pull the steering box and re-do a couple things inside. It turned to the left fine but barely turned right. The major problem was that the springs spring loaded collar that moves the steering valve had deteriorated from moisture so I had to find some springs that fit and made it work again. I added on a hydroboost master cylinder and pump off a mid 80's ford diesel to replace the (incomplete) original air/hydraulic brakes, and also had to pull the planetaries and replace all 8 wheel cylinders. It probably wasn't worth the time and money we've put into it but hopefully it will be a functioning machine when I'm done. Currently I'm in the process of rebuilding the huge boom lift cyilinders which leak like crazy. I've had limited experience dealing with hydraulic cylinders. Does anyone know a good source for parts for this machine or at least a good source of seals/kits for the cyinders? I found kits through a dealer in SD, but they were $480 a side..

  70. #70Luckytalons2012-05-14 15:13

    Here's a picture of that 72-31..

  71. #71southernman132012-05-26 14:45

    I'll see where i got my parts books for my 7231mp2u. Let me know if you need another one, my 7231is a 1984 military version, very low hrs, I have pics. Its in Georgia. 7900.00 can't beat it

  72. #72Ryan1512015-01-30 03:26

    Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking at getting a terex 72-61 or either a clark michigan 175 or a 275. I know the Clarks pretty good but I've never fooled with the terexs. How are they as far as a machine goes? Reading in here it seems they are tough and pick up real good what else is good and bad about them if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

  73. #73southernman132015-01-30 07:42

    Terex The only issue I know of is there slow and noisy. Those detroits scream but they'll run a long time. I have one for sale if your interested. It's 7231 I believe. Haven't looked at it in a while

  74. #74Ryan1512015-01-30 08:34

    Slow as in top speed or just lifting ect. ?

  75. #75southernman132015-01-30 08:50

    Terex Cycles. Not a nimble machine but very strong. [email protected]

  76. #76Ryan1512015-01-30 09:21

    Do the terex dealers still sell parts for the old beasts

  77. #77zlssefi2015-02-01 07:22

    You can still get parts but often times I find that the parts have been bought out by another company. Many parts on the terex machines can be found at allison/twin disc dealers. Axles, trans parts etc.

  78. #78Ryan1512015-02-01 09:00

    That's kind of what I figured I know the engine parts and Trans parts just random parts like busings ect found a company call parts un limited or something ldike that and gh ey have every terex part you could imagine.

  79. #79JGibson2015-02-04 11:05

    My friends 72-51B

  80. #80Knocker of rock2015-08-27 13:44

    Your words are poetry to me, man

  81. #81RonG2015-09-04 15:07

    Say Nelson,trying to send you a private message but your mailbox is full they say.Just checking in to see how you are doing.I am doing well considering what I have been through.I have a good woman looking after me.We met 25 years ago for a reason I guess.Ron G

  82. #82arcade98252016-01-09 15:22

    Terex 72 81 I grew up next to this monster love the air starter! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlMR-we1WmM They only use it for heavy lifting its very powerful

  83. #83renaud2016-01-21 22:47

    I took all the pics myself..... -Terex 72-61 located 45 minutes drive from Québec city.The outfit who owns it always use to own several Terex machines ranging from the 51 to the 71.Lots of Michigan and Cat machines as well. -Terex 72-51B located east of Québec city. Used for snow plowing in winter and to move trailers the rest of the time.I got a chance to hear that old boy roaring no later than 3 weeks ago..... -72-81 found in Pennsylvania, might be the same machine than on Miningpower's post..... -72-81AA in a area where theire are some granite quarrys close to Québec city. unfortunately for this one, it can be easily accessed by vandals. -72-71B located in Northern Ontario. Enjoy!! Max.

  84. #84Saunders2016-12-20 20:05

    TEREX 80c Parts Manual Hey guys, can you tell me if the Terex 80c is the same unit as the 72-61 unit? I'm trying to find a parts book for my 80c that i have. If not an entire manual. How can i find cylinder seal kits for all of my lift and steering cylinders? Thanks...Niles.

  85. #85Welder Dave2016-12-21 00:10

    If you take the cylinders apart, a seal shop should be able to match them.

  86. #86Saunders2016-12-21 11:27

    Is the Terex 72-61 is the same Terex 80C Hey Dave, my problem is that I'm located in the Bahamas and due to the age of my 80c, the parts guys in Miami Fl. can't do anything without part numbers. Terex can't help because they say it's no longer in their system. And all of the aftermarket dealers want me to pack each cylinder piston rod with the piston and ship them to the states in order for them to get proper fits. That part gets pricey. Just to ship them one way is going to run me about $1000. Things in the Bahamas aren't cheap...... A parts book is what I really would like to get my hands on. Can anyone tell me if the Terex 72-61 is the same Terex 80C unit? I may be able to get a parts manual for 72-61 on ebay........

  87. #87Saunders2016-12-21 11:39

    Is the Terex 72-61 the same unit as the Terex 80C? Can you tell me if the Terex 80c is the same unit as the Terex 72-61 unit? I'm trying to find a parts book for my 80c unit here in the Bahamas. If not an entire manual. How can i find cylinder seal kits for all of my lift and steering cylinders? My problem is I'm located in the Bahamas and due to the age of my 80c, the parts guys in Miami Fl. can't do anything without part numbers. Terex can't help because they say it's no longer in their system. And all of the aftermarket seal dealers want me to pack each cylinder piston rod with the piston and ship them to the states in order for them to get proper fits....That part gets pricey. Just to ship them one way is going to run me about $1000. Things in the Bahamas aren't cheap...... A parts book is what I really would like to get my hands on.....Can you help me with part numbers for my cylinders for my 80C?......Thanks!

  88. #88Ryan1512017-02-19 18:37

    bust out the calipers and a picture phone and give a good hydraulic cylinder shop a call. explain whats going on maybe even just mail them the seals and they can match them up with some new ones. I know a place in Colorado called northern Colorado fluid power they might be able to help you out. Hydraulic cylinders are simple as long as you can get the nut off the bottom of the rod lol!