Looking for the Terex pics got me thinking Anyone have pics of International Hough Payloaders? Preferably the bigger ones like the 65's, 100's and up. What did they have for power...Cummins? Thanks everyone:drinkup
Payloader: Hough 80B... IH engine... Brother and I took bucket (3.5 yard) off, and built heavy log forks... one fork would lift back wheels of ground without bending... This is not a good picture of it, just in the background of lowboy picture... also notice pic. of IH 2+2, slightly to left of loader... for you/us red boys... ... I think there is a glimpse of loader in thread... Tying Cat To Trailer... or something like that. OCR
Hough AH60 Hough Payloader AH60. Operating Capacity: 5,500lbs Bucket: 1 3/4 Cubic Yards Engine: Cummins JF-6C1 HP: 110 Operating Weight: 16,828lbs Pics 1 & 2. (not real good quality) cleaning out a dam (with assistance) There is also a photo of this loader feeding my crusher in the "Pics From South Australia" thread in Showtime. I bought this loader very secondhand in the early 70's and and used it for clearing fencelines, cleaning dams, feeding the crusher and general earthwork.
I overhauled the engine from a H65 hough a few years ago, if memory serves me right that one had an inline 6 IH 407 cubic inch turbo diesel in it. It was a great loader, the operator loved it.
I had an H-60E and I can't remember what we had for an engine. it might of been a cummins but not sure .
The H50's and H 60's that I have worked on were rigid frame with IH 6 cyl. inline gassers, I believe most of the smaller houghs used the IH gas and diesel engines, some were the same ones used in farm tractors.
Hough used every type of engine there was I think. I've seen and run them with Detroit, Continental, International, and Cummins diesels, also International and Hercules Gasser's. Our military people were adept at speccing some strange combinations in the fifties and sixties with Hough machines.
Here you have 2 of my pictures of a Payloader
looks like the ol girl is in good shape, is it still used daily?
Hi I do not own any of the wheel loaders but I would like to buy the following Caterpillar Wheel Loaders Model No. CAT966C, Serial No. 76J-2164, Year : 1970, Hours : 12,703 Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02547, Year : 1988, Hours : 9341, Cabin, Bucket Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02780, Year : 1988, Hours : 8570, Cabin, Bucket Can someone provide me with the information on where to buy these and how much will these cost me? Thanks.
Hello tulipproduct, and welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!:drinkup I've never seen anyone be so specific about a machine when shopping as you have here. Do you care to explain why you are looking for a particular serial numbered machine?
well if you look on machinery trader you will see model and maybehour but I have never seen anyone look for serial numbers ...
I found a couple of pics of our H-60E we had
great to read your posts and see your pics. I have just got a Hough 60C and starting to source parts. Looking for suppliers.
Only got a photo of my little 30 it ran a 6354 Perkins .
that looks great iornhorse
can anyone tell me were to locate p600 paylomatic transmission parts please reguards geoff
Tulip, do you already know of these loaders, like Steve said, how can you be so specific right down to the hour?
The only time i have ever seen them listed like that is when they are for sale , not wanted . :beatsme On edit , i think i have worked it out . He has asked the same question 4 times on different threads . He is looking for these machines for his cousin , his cousin has probably asked him to look for these machines on the net and sent him circled "For Sale" ads out of a magazine for illustration of what models he wants . Tulip , not being machine savvy has probably wrote them down word for word in his posts , hours , serial numbers and all .
old H30 Here is my old hough. it has a newly rebuilt 263 I.H. gas in it. would of preferred a diesel but this is what it had. One good thing is the gas engines start right up in the dead of winter. Got to start looking for bucket and linkage bushings as they are getting loose. Also got to tear into the brakes ( winter project).
are these to big?
or this. ive seen smaller
this was my little hough h25b . 4 cylinder gas engine. bought it off ebay for 850 bucks...it smoked and sputtered and there wasnt a flake of paint left on it. this took about a year of my spare time. my father rebuilt the head and me and the kids painted it up...new custom decals finished it off, great little toy but totally useless in todays construction site. i used it to plow my driveway and do some light grading on my fathers long gravel drive. i sold it on ebay to a brick factory in new jersey where they planned on using it to feed a hopper inside a mill....sadly for watever reason it turned up on ebay again allmost a year later in the same condition it was sold in....i guess they didnt use it much. i wanted to buy it back but my wife wouldnt let me. it was a good machine but a bobcat would outperform it in every way, brian
Nice pics, keep em coming. Hoeman600, that big Hough (a 400?) what did they have for motors? Where the big ones like that Cummins powered or did they have an international motor? Brian, that's either a big H25b or a little operator He looks like he's ready to go to work Nice resto jobs on the old machines guys.
I really like that style that's in Hoeman600's second pic, the one between the dozers and the rigid frame haul trucks. I ran one like that for a short time way back. I don't remember any of the details on it, other than it was hard getting used to after running all front pivot Cats. And it was really slow revving, but had lots of lifting power.
I just got a Hough Payloader with a 4 cyl gas engine. It is not running. Do you know what the firing order is on it, and what is the proper way to set the timing?
Hough 60 I just sold my Hough 60. It was powered by a inline 6 IH 301 diesel, which is the same as a 282 only without sleeves. A V6 Cummins diesel or a 301 IH gas were also available. They all put out 90 some horsepower. Mine also had the attachment for the optional backhoe. I'd put a picture on here but not sure how.
Bsnorge, What model PayLoader is it, and what engine is it? Maybe we can help... Regards, Tony
still earning its keep might be ex millitary the inside of the cab is green
Ive worked on a 400 hough 12 yrd loader a customer had 20 yrs ago had a 475B mishigan several IH 560s old TD 25 must have repaired the track links 40 times on it. stuff was beat bad finaly sold out new company scraped all of it bought new machines.
Lifting Capacity of H25 I'm going out this evening to look at a little Hough H25. I'm primarily interested in using it as a forklift. How much can I expect this machine to lift safely in that configuration. Some of the pallets that I handle weigh as much as 3,000 pounds. Additionally, the machine is equipped only with a bucket at this point. How hard is it to find a set of forks that might work on this machine. I need dedicated forks, not the ones that clamp over the bucket. My other thought is to take the forks and associated brackets off our existing forklift and modify them to attach to the payloader. Has anybody tried this and does it sound safe and worth doing? Thanks, Frank