This may be a strange request but I am looking for a large tire to be used for strongman training such as seen here http://www.nmstrongman.com/ironwillpics/1Iron-Will-2005-020.jpg . I have looked all over in my area with no luck. I need something that is going to be thrown away. I have found all the tractor tires that I could ever use but I need something heavier. Preferably 5-600 pounds. If anyone can tell me somewhere in south Louisiana where I can get something like this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Anthony
Welcome! Tires of all sizes, but particularly large tires are in high demand right now. Your best bet may be to fill the tractor tires with concrete or something to add weight, since they are readily available.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup If you have a quarry or mine nearby, this would be the place to look. As Cat420 mentioned, machine tires are in high demand, so what might have been considered junk in the past may have value now. Good luck!
I guess this is why I am having so much trouble finding one. I might have more luck finding a Skidder tire in my area. I see you have a Kawieriders.com link in your sig. What do you ride?
I ride a Mojave http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/453/finished4thmedium4sh.jpg
Have you tried dealers of construction equipment tires? Even if they don't have one, maybe they could put you in touch with a re-capping company they deal with, who might have junk tires that have been found to be beyond their useful life. Tires are in demand, yes, but once they're junk, they're junk, and have to be gotten rid of. You might be doing them a favor by taking one.
How about you get your strongmen down to your local Cat or Komatsu dealer and have the guys (or girls ) change a set of cutting edges, track rollers or do a manual track pad swap on a D11 or a D575... sure they'd be happy to help out :bouncegri