Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Torque Converter Oil

war hammer ranch ยท 2023-09-22 19:17

Hello all, I am picking up a new (to me) 1968 Scoopmobile LD350. It has Clark axels and a Clark Torque converter. The torque Converter is COMPLELY Dry. It does have this plate on it saying that I need to use mobilfluid 200 Type A oil in it. The problem is my Time machine that will take me back to a time when that made since to anyone at a parts store is broken as well. Can any of you all help me out and give me an idea of some oil I can use without screwing this this up? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2023-09-22 19:34

    My quick research came to the conclusion that you cab use Mobil 424 in it. It is tractor transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Other ones that ate the same are deere hygard and caterpillar mto. You can get 424 at tractor supply for 85 a pail or so.

  2. #2IceHole2023-09-22 19:41

    1000THF

  3. #3war hammer ranch2023-09-22 21:21

    Thank You so much you guys this is AWESOME info. I really appreciate the Info I will get some picked up. Thanks