Driving down the hiway I had to stop and take a couple pictures.I would like to get back some day and actually look around to see what is hiding in the brush.It almost looks like a cannon is positioned in front of the house.
Maybe OIH's friend lol
Could be, it sure looks like something or someone he'd know! He's on the road right now to CA, I'm going up to visit with him the week of the 10th. Maybe he will chime it and tell us who that is.....
I see a 650, D8, DW21, DW20?
I want the 650 or a 666!
Mike, blow the pic up. That might be a 9. Look at the sloped hood. And behind, is that a RD or a 3T 7. Man, sure is some sweet lookin' old Iron!!!
I thought that might be a DW 10.There is a water Wagon sitting there that probably interchanges with the bowl on the DW. A few old crawler cranes are around,one has the smiley face on the hook.A cable hoe is around the corner.Im sure there is other cool older stuff lurking around in the brush.
That's Ferdys front yard. Great guy. One of a kind. The smiley face on the propane tank end that is hanging from the crane has a smile on one side and a frown on the concave side. Did you see the historical marker at the end of the driveway that says on this date in 1838(?) nothing happened. You can not see the other couple hundred pieces of cool iron that he has. Even a 4 wheel drive DW-20 (drool) tractor. We had a club meeting there two years ago and he had 15 D8's lined up there where you took the picture. Nothing is for sale. His favorite saying is you can have #1 at my estate auction.
It's a 650 with the traction control thats lifts the front wheels while loading for enhanced traction. I have some pictures of it somewhere, maybe posted them on here a while back, with the injection pump turned way up and the front wheels in the air with a black sky of smoke pouring out. Cool pictures. He has a huge scraper hauler pan that was custom built for coal or something that's is turned upside down and he parks D8's inside of it.
Is this out in western mn by alex? Sure looks like a sight iv seen before.
This is a few miles East of Faribault.
I stopped a couple hundred feet from the drive so I missed the marker.It does appear that there may be a lot of other neat stuff hiding out in the tree cover. That would be a great auction to attend.
Hopefully he is around for many years yet. He is a class act guy. He proves what a common working man can gather if you keeps your eyes open and act at the right time. He started out with John Deere's long before they become collectable. He has sheds full of stuff that you need to crawl to even get a glimpse of. There's a D7 out back with 6" diameter trees growing between the frame and the blade.
Ahh.. i lived in fairbult for a bit. Worked at ziegler rite out of tech school.
Notice the new arrival. D9G
I am about due for a visit to Ferdie. Maybe this week I'll call him and see what I can set up while Junkyard is here. I'll try to get video of Jeff drooling.
Like my dear departed brother used to say "Oh my god do you have ESPN?" That very thought crossed my mind!
let me know im only 15 min away. I have a little collection myself of some things that make you wonder
Cool. PM me your phone and we will see what we can set up.