I ran this 330L for a bit when it was brand new in back in 1995. This is it now: Last week I had the pleasure of running it for its current owners the were short an operator for a few days. It has 10497hrs on it now, still on original undercarriage. She runs and digs very well and although a bit dirty, it's kept it great shape!
Good looking hoe for her age! We have one just like it. It's got close to 25,000 hrs. on it and looks like it was thrown off the wagon and rolled all the way to the bottom of the canyon though. Last I knew, the southern division of the comany had removed the boom and replaced it with a big hydroloic winch, for hoe-yoeing a roller up and down a 2 to 1 slope. I will look and see if I can find a pic.
I have worked on most all the brands over the years and really don't have much of a preference for one over another. I will have to say though that I've seen more Cats in the construction and forestry industries over the twenty thousand hour mark than any other manufacturer. That may come from the cost and availability of parts, the upfront expense of the machine or just the preference of the owners. Just an observation. Nice looking machine.
must have been in the same spot for most of its life