Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older Wheel Loaders JD / IH Dresser?

LOFAYTX ยท 2015-04-24 20:44

I am looking to buy a older Wheel Loader. I have found a JD 544 and a IH Dresser 515 they are in about the same condition. Any Ideas on which machine was better? I want to use for Forklift and Dirt & Gravel loading into small 5 yard dump truck. I am down in central TX.

Replies2
  1. #1RonG2015-04-25 01:06

    Absolutely John Deere if for no other reason than the way they steer.The IH/Dresser and Case of that vintage sits you on the front of the machine while the tail wags from the back end and there really is no advantage over the old straight framed machines that articulation was supposed to improve upon.Otherwise they are both robust loaders.Ron G

  2. #2repowerguy2015-04-26 20:06

    Buy the Deere, parts for IH is hit and miss mostly miss!