Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OmniEquipped from Arkansas

OmniEquipped ยท 2011-07-19 21:34

Hello everyone. I was glad to find this forum and learn that I'm not the only young guy who is an old iron nut. I'm 28 and from Arkansas. Having grown up in the farm country of central AR, and the equipment associated with it, before moving to southern AR and learning about the oil field and timber equipment in this area, I've maintained an interest in trucks and equipment since I was a kid. Through the later part of high school and the early part of college, I worked as a mechanic, starting in automotive and migrating to industrial equipment. My senior year in college I formed a sales and consignment contracting company, OmniSales International , selling mechanical parts and equipment (everything from motorcycles, ATV's, and parts, to heavy construction equipment) all over the world via the internet. Recently I launched an industrial services division, and I will soon implement a distributorship for industrial valves. My favorite hobby, along with writing in my blog, is studying industrial history and working with old iron and antique heavy trucks. It's a hobby that's allowed me to form friendships with some brilliant, industrial minds, most of whom are generations before my time and from a crowd that is growing thin. I've learned a lot from them and hope to learn a lot from the folks here, and maybe even contribute some. Well, enough about me. I'm ready to read about you guys.

Replies2
  1. #1willie592011-07-19 21:41

    Welcome to the forum OmniEquipped. :usa

  2. #2brushmaster902011-07-19 22:11

    Welcome, hay your not to far from me