Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

On day 3 case 580 sm swing bushings.

EvanM ยท 2019-08-03 19:27
Replies11
  1. #1EvanM2019-08-03 19:31
  2. #2EvanM2019-08-03 19:57

    Last one its snug but went in with very light taps. I'll put a couple short beads on it to keep bushing from rocking. I knew it would be lose I sanded the bushing to fit the eg shape wich mad the sides fat

  3. #3JL Sargent2019-08-03 21:14

    That is quite a project. Looks like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel though!

  4. #4EvanM2019-08-03 21:31

    Just finished the last bushing

  5. #5Tinkerer2019-08-04 13:45

    Looks good ! Nice to see a repair done that way.

  6. #6EvanM2019-08-04 13:56

    Thanks. That upper bushing I welded. Dropped when taking it apart. Made it a bear to get the tower off. Hopefully assembly goes smooth

  7. #7old and slow2019-08-06 16:10

    Good job, how you do one thing is how you do everything.

  8. #8EvanM2019-08-06 18:18

    Thank you I think. What kicked this project off was the bolt came out inside the dipper cylinder. Dropped that cylinder off at local hydraulic outfit. Got it back today machines just about ready to rock again. Boom and swing tower are mated back together on the machine. Tight this is the second super m I've been around that dropped the bolt out of the dipper cylinder. Were in the dipper cylinder swing bushings and pins about 900. I bought victor 100 for heating but wont count that in the price. It seems like itl be a damn handy tool. Also swapped out my bottles. I've got 2 sets of bottles but keep the small ones on me. Sometimes I pack 2 oxygen bottles. It's been fun. This happened at the best possible time where the 590 was able to give a hand removing the boom and swing tower. I read of people doing this leaving the boom and houses attached to tower. They gota be nuts. Its do damn easy to drop the hoses and boom to fight leaving it together as a unit. Lol

  9. #9old and slow2019-08-06 18:24

    It was a compliment, have work on cranes for 40 years, everything is big and heavy. We take stuff apart to make it easy, always fix it the right way, make it better if we can.

  10. #10greg95042019-08-08 09:24

    What am I looking at in the second and third pictures? Is the second the removed bushings (welded on the inside to shrink them? and stacked one on top of another), third homemade tool to push the bushings out?

  11. #11EvanM2019-08-08 11:04

    Yes removed bushings and tool