Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

? on good root plow tractor

LOFAYTX · 2022-03-24 22:29

I am looking at a D7E SN 47A4410. What year model is the dozer? early 70's? What engine does it have 4 or 6 cylinder? It does run hot on long pulls on hot Texas summer days. Don't know if it could be radiator or water pump. Do you think this is a good old plow tractor?

Replies2
  1. #1Junkyard2022-03-24 23:10

    It’ll be a 4 cylinder D339 engine. Based on the S/N and my fuzzy memory it’s a fairly early model. They were built 61-69 I believe. 160 HP if I recall. Later were 180 HP. They’re good old tractors. Radiator may just need a good wash. Main thing is to check clutch adjustment and see how the the steering clutches operate. Undercarriage condition is important too.

  2. #2LOFAYTX2022-03-25 18:07

    Thanks, does the D7E have wet engine clutch and wet steering clutches and brakes?