I think I will be asking alot of questions on my newfound journey with the Case 580 F. So I got the idea to make one thread for the whole journey.
First off. New hydraulic lines for the backhoe. Best way to fit the new lines? Remove bolt? Or disconnect hydraulic pipe?
There is no need to remove the bolt (pin). Almost all steel lines have a nut that will allow the hose connected to it to be removed. A few times I simply cut the old hose with an angle grinder to remove it. Then I would have a swivel connector put on the ends of the new hose.
The problem I was having was the new hoses had a longer cramp on area or neck or what one would call it and the pipe it connects to was a bit to long. So I was having difficulty getting the ends to lign up. But with a lot of cursing, some mumbling, alot of awkward bending and brute force, things finally got together. Yesterday was a new filter for the engine and fresh oil. Today there were 4 new hydraulic lines and the backhoe got a thourough cleaning and fresh grease in every join. Next up changing the hydraulic oil and filter.
When we bought the Backhoe she was suppose to have a rebuilt engine. As we can see there was no need to hurry up with removing the home made lift hooks.
The engine "rebuild" must have been a short and sweet affair because she is a struggle to start. When my father went to look at her. The previous owner told him that he bought her with a seized engine and had rebuilt it. But he had yet to replace the heater coil in the intake. So he started her with starter spray (it is winter here) and she fired right up. When she arrived at the farm the first thing I did was replacing the heater coil and start here up.....But she would not start, and as the batterie started to drain, I dosed her with the start spray and she fired right up but was smoking alot, Dark smelly smoke. First I thought the heater coil was not working and that was the reason she did not start. But when I tried the next day, I could hear the coil igniting the oil and smoke coming out of the exhaust. But still would not start. Until she got a dose of start spray(think she is addicted). I also hear a knocking noise from the engine that I think is not normal and she smokes/smoges like a champion. So what are we looking at here? Bad rings and low compression? The timing off?